From: Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>
Date: April 12, 2006 12:13:39 PM GMT+04:00
To: dev@openejb.org
Subject: Re: [openejb-dev] OpenEJB 3 and Cayenne JPA

Hi David,

Let's do it!

Currently a JPA EntityManager is a thin wrapper around Cayenne so
it allows to use the JPA API, but underneath it only supports
Cayenne mapping. EJB QL queries are yet unsupported. Jeff Genender
and Bill Dudney are looking at class enhancers, annotations and the
mapping. I'll check on cayenne-dev list where we stand on that.

As far as container integration, we can start right away, as
provider part is there. Here is provider M2 project info:

http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/JPA+Development+Setup

I guess once we nail down the integration part, we can continue to
work in parallel and get in as many features as possible.

Andrus