On 3/24/06, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
I'll test my changes to the build script for building it
under windows and test the executable on my XP box. From what
research I did before, I think we can dump platform-specific copies of
most of the launch4j stuff. The most of the stuff used by the ant
task is all platform-independent and byte-level identical.
I've done this, and the exe file now builds under windows as well as max/linux.

However, the launch4j package could be shared between
linux/mac/windows -- I don't see any reason why we need three
different copies considering how we're using it from the ant script.

Of course, that may be a moot point because launch4j is
LGPL/GPL-licensed. At some point we need to remove this entirely from
our repository in order to leave incubation. We'll need to make it a
downloadable add-on for the "release win" target. This shouldn't be
too difficult.

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Apr 5, 2006 at 7:54 am