Hey,

We're running a Cassandra 2.2.0 cluster with 8 nodes. We are doing frequent
updates to our data and we have very few reads, and we are using Leveled
Compaction with a sstable_size_in_mb of 160MB. We don't have that much data
currently since we're just testing the cluster.
We are seeing the SSTable count linearly increase even though `nodetool
compactionhistory` shows that compaction have definitely ran. When I ran
nodetool cfstats, I get the following output:

Table: tender_summaries

SSTable count: 56

SSTables in each level: [1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]

Does it make sense that there is such a huge difference between the number
of SStables in each level and the total count of SStables? It seems like
old SSTables are lying around and never cleaned-up/compacted. Does this
theory sound plausible? If so, what could be the problem?

Thanks!

Search Discussions

  • Vidur Malik at Sep 8, 2015 at 5:33 pm
    Bump on this. Anybody have any insight/need more info?

    --

    Vidur Malik

    [image: ShopKeep] <http://www.shopkeep.com>

    800.820.9814
    <8008209814> [image: ShopKeep] <https://www.facebook.com/ShopKeepPOS> [image:
    ShopKeep] <https://twitter.com/shopkeep> [image: ShopKeep]
    <https://instagram.com/shopkeep/>
  • Robert Coli at Sep 8, 2015 at 6:47 pm

    Bump on this. Anybody have any insight/need more info?
    With your report, I have heard 3 similar issues on 2.2.0.

    Is the ticket abliss has opened on topic. If you think it's the same issue,
    please share your experience there. :)

    =Rob
  • Vidur Malik at Sep 8, 2015 at 8:02 pm
    I did add a comment to that ticket, but the problem seems slightly
    different; moreover the compaction strategies are different. I'm also not
    seeing the error that abliss is reporting.
    Bump on this. Anybody have any insight/need more info?
    With your report, I have heard 3 similar issues on 2.2.0.

    Is the ticket abliss has opened on topic. If you think it's the same
    issue, please share your experience there. :)

    =Rob

    --

    Vidur Malik

    [image: ShopKeep] <http://www.shopkeep.com>

    800.820.9814
    <8008209814> [image: ShopKeep] <https://www.facebook.com/ShopKeepPOS> [image:
    ShopKeep] <https://twitter.com/shopkeep> [image: ShopKeep]
    <https://instagram.com/shopkeep/>

groupuser @
categoriescassandra
postedSep 4, '15 at 9:09p
activeSep 8, '15 at 8:02p
websitecassandra.apache.org
irc#cassandra

2 users in discussion

Vidur Malik: 3 posts Robert Coli: 1 post