We would like to leverage Cassandra's expiration to manage our data's
lifecycle. We need to: Delete data after a period, like: 1 hour , when user
clicked the "Delete" button.

We need to read and insert the column in order to update the TTL, but this
is unacceptable in our system that might need to readout gigabytes of data.

Is there a way to do this?

Best Regards!

Jian Jin

Search Discussions

  • Aaron morton at Apr 5, 2012 at 9:52 am
    You cannot set the the TTL without also setting the column value.

    Could you keep a record of future deletes in a CF and then action them as a batch process ?

    Cheers

    -----------------
    Aaron Morton
    Freelance Developer
    @aaronmorton
    http://www.thelastpickle.com
    We would like to leverage Cassandra's expiration to manage our data's lifecycle. We need to: Delete data after a period, like: 1 hour , when user clicked the "Delete" button.

    We need to read and insert the column in order to update the TTL, but this is unacceptable in our system that might need to readout gigabytes of data.

    Is there a way to do this?

    Best Regards!

    Jian Jin
  • 金剑 at Apr 6, 2012 at 1:09 am
    We do not have a central point to do such work yet, but it seems this is
    only way to do it a little bit more efficiently. Thanks.

    Best Regards!

    Jian Jin

    You cannot set the the TTL without also setting the column value.

    Could you keep a record of future deletes in a CF and then action them as
    a batch process ?

    Cheers

    -----------------
    Aaron Morton
    Freelance Developer
    @aaronmorton
    http://www.thelastpickle.com

    We would like to leverage Cassandra's expiration to manage our data's
    lifecycle. We need to: Delete data after a period, like: 1 hour , when user
    clicked the "Delete" button.

    We need to read and insert the column in order to update the TTL, but this
    is unacceptable in our system that might need to readout gigabytes of data.

    Is there a way to do this?

    Best Regards!

    Jian Jin

groupuser @