Hi!

When setting ttl on columns, is there a maximum value (other than
MAXINT, 2**31-1) that can be used?

I have a very odd behaviour here, where I try to set ttl to 9 622 973
(~111 days) which works, but setting it to 11 824 305 (~137 days) does
not - it seems columns are deleted instantly at insertion.

This is using the BulkOutputFormat. And it could be a problem with our
code, i.e. the code using BulkOutputFormat. So, uhm, just asking to see
if we're hitting something obvious.

Regards,
\EF

Search Discussions

  • Aaron morton at Feb 20, 2012 at 8:21 pm
    Nothing obvious.

    Trying turning up the logging to DEBUG and watch what happens, or use sstable2json to dump the sstables. Expired columns are not purged until the sstable is compacted.

    Cheers

    Aaron Morton
    Freelance Developer
    @aaronmorton