It's a new year, quite a bunch of fixes since 1.0.6, feels like it's time to
do a new release. I thus propose the following artifacts for release as 1.0.7.

Git: http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/1.0.7-tentative
Artifacts: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-057/org/apache/cassandra/apache-cassandra/1.0.7/
Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-057/

The artifacts as well as the debian package are also available here:
http://people.apache.org/~slebresne/

Note that I had to adapt a little bit to the switch to git. In particular,
instead of using sha1 to mark the tentative commit of a release, I've decided
to use a lightweight tag, namely 1.0.7-tentative. My goal being that once the
vote passes, I'll delete this temporary tag and create the actual
cassandra-1.0.7 tag. My rational for not creating the final tag right away is
that:
- I want it to be clear 1.0.7 is not yet released
- If the vote fails, we would have to delete the tag anyway
If someone has a problem with that, let me know.

The vote will be open for 72 hours (longer if needed).

[1]: http://goo.gl/UTfwn (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: http://goo.gl/EHlRp (NEWS.txt)

Search Discussions

  • Stephen Connolly at Jan 12, 2012 at 11:57 am
    -0: Hmmmm.... may have to rework somewhat the pom generation now that
    moved to GIT...

    e.g. see
    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-057/org/apache/cassandra/cassandra-parent/1.0.7/cassandra-parent-1.0.7.pom
    at XPath /project/scm

    Those are SVN urls... should be git urls...

    I don't see this as blocking this release, but if somebody can create
    a JIRA for me I'll find some time to fix the URL generation... or
    maybe we just remove the url generation altogether as being GIT, the
    GIT urls don't include a branch details so the URL could just be
    static... but in any case this is POMs so I'd prefer if I sort it out.

    -Stephen
[...]

  • Sylvain Lebresne at Jan 12, 2012 at 1:28 pm
    -0: Hmmmm.... may have to rework somewhat the pom generation now that
    moved to GIT...

    e.g. see
    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-057/org/apache/cassandra/cassandra-parent/1.0.7/cassandra-parent-1.0.7.pom
    at XPath /project/scm

    Those are SVN urls... should be git urls...

    I don't see this as blocking this release,
    Neither do I.
    but if somebody can create
    a JIRA for me I'll find some time to fix the URL generation... or
    maybe we just remove the url generation altogether as being GIT, the
    GIT urls don't include a branch details so the URL could just be
    static... but in any case this is POMs so I'd prefer if I sort it out.
    There you go: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3732
    -Stephen
[...]

  • Stephen Connolly at Jan 12, 2012 at 1:30 pm

    On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Stephen Connolly
    -0: Hmmmm.... may have to rework somewhat the pom generation now that
    moved to GIT...

    e.g. see
    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-057/org/apache/cassandra/cassandra-parent/1.0.7/cassandra-parent-1.0.7.pom
    at XPath /project/scm

    Those are SVN urls... should be git urls...

    I don't see this as blocking this release,
    Neither do I.
    but if somebody can create
    a JIRA for me I'll find some time to fix the URL generation... or
    maybe we just remove the url generation altogether as being GIT, the
    GIT urls don't include a branch details so the URL could just be
    static... but in any case this is POMs so I'd prefer if I sort it out.
    There you go: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3732
    Thanks
    -Stephen
[...]

  • Paul cannon at Jan 12, 2012 at 3:40 pm

    Note that I had to adapt a little bit to the switch to git. In particular,
    instead of using sha1 to mark the tentative commit of a release, I've decided
    to use a lightweight tag, namely 1.0.7-tentative. My goal being that once the
    vote passes, I'll delete this temporary tag and create the actual
    cassandra-1.0.7 tag. My rational for not creating the final tag right away is
    that:
    - I want it to be clear 1.0.7 is not yet released
    - If the vote fails, we would have to delete the tag anyway
    If someone has a problem with that, let me know.
    I'm -1 on not announcing a specific commit hash, for historical purposes. Tags can be changed (and probably will be under this approach, if we have to reroll), or deleted, and they may not even agree between different repos. With a sha1, there is no ambiguity about which exact snapshot is being (or was) voted on.

    It's still probably a good idea to have a tag, as you say ("prospective/1.0.7/1" maybe? I find tag namespaces come in handy), but it should be intended for convenience only.

  • Sylvain Lebresne at Jan 12, 2012 at 5:52 pm

[...]
    I'm good adding the commit sha1 in the vote announce mail, the tag is
    just for my own convenience and the one of those testing.

    --
    Sylvain
  • Jonathan Ellis at Jan 12, 2012 at 5:08 pm
[...]

    Project Chair, Apache Cassandra
    http://www.datastax.com
  • Sylvain Lebresne at Jan 12, 2012 at 5:52 pm

    Sorry to be That Guy, but CASSANDRA-3733 (just fixed by Brandon) can
    cause OOM during hint replay similar to the ones in CASSANDRA-3681.
    Ok, I'll rerolled. The vote is thus closed and I'll start a new one
    with CASSANDRA-3681
    (and probably CASSANDRA-3635) shortly.

    --
    Sylvain
[...]