I am currently researching cassandra and thrift for possible solutions to
write a client based plugin for our own application. As this application is
written in native c, the client module needs to be written in c as well, so
no cpp. I have search and tried to get a sample running using thrift, however
I am stuck with lots of errors while compiling the generated sample code by
thrift. I am also not sure if I am using the right compile commands as they
are no samples available, and I tried to gather them from google results.

Are there any good and full samples related to c with glib? All other
languages seem to be very well documented with samples.

Best regards,

Andre Lorbach

Search Discussions

  • Andre Lorbach at Jul 13, 2011 at 2:41 pm
    Hi again ;),

    I found all missing parts to compile the thrift samples in c with glib during
    meantime.
    Now that I am able to compile a thrift framework, I am running into the
    problem. There is technically no sample code for a Cassandra client in c with
    glib.

    The project I am researching for is RSyslog, and we are looking into writing
    an output module for Cassandra. As RSyslog is a native c application with no
    ++ in it ;), cpp is not an option.
    If anybody here has any help, or samples, I would be very happy ;).

    --
    Thanks and best regards,
    Andre Lorbach
    I am currently researching cassandra and thrift for possible solutions to write
    a client based plugin for our own application. As this application is
    written in
    native c, the client module needs to be written in c as well, so no cpp. I have
    search and tried to get a sample running using thrift, however I am stuck with
    lots of errors while compiling the generated sample code by thrift. I am also
    not sure if I am using the right compile commands as they are no samples
    available, and I tried to gather them from google results.

    Are there any good and full samples related to c with glib? All other
    languages seem to be very well documented with samples.

    Best regards,

    Andre Lorbach

groupdev @
categoriescassandra