Grokbase Groups Camel users June 2015
Hi, I'm using the Java DSL to define a REST endpoint and I have a use case
where I'd like to specify a wildcard for the verb URI template i.e ..*:

rest("/api/now/v1/").description("APIProxy").bindingMode(RestBindingMode.off).produces("application/xml")
.get("..*").to("direct:invokeApi")

Can this be done?
I'm using Camel 2.14.2 with camel-jetty under Karaf 3.0.3.

--
Steve

  • Claus Ibsen at Jun 17, 2015 at 2:18 pm
    Hi

    No well it depends on what underlying component you use.
    If you use camel-spark-java then it support * as wildcard.

    For jetty you can likely set its component / endpoint option
    matchOnUriPrefix=true which is its "weird name" for wildcard.
    But the * in the get is not understood by jetty.

    Though we could maybe try to bake that in officially in the rest-dsl.
    Hi, I'm using the Java DSL to define a REST endpoint and I have a use case
    where I'd like to specify a wildcard for the verb URI template i.e ..*:

    rest("/api/now/v1/").description("APIProxy").bindingMode(RestBindingMode.off).produces("application/xml")
    .get("..*").to("direct:invokeApi")

    Can this be done?
    I'm using Camel 2.14.2 with camel-jetty under Karaf 3.0.3.

    --
    Steve

    Claus Ibsen
    Red Hat, Inc.
    Email: cibsen@redhat.com
    Twitter: davsclaus
    Blog: http://davsclaus.com
    hawtio: http://hawt.io/
    fabric8: http://fabric8.io/
  • swissSteve at Jun 17, 2015 at 2:58 pm
    Brilliant, just what I need. Thanks Claus!