I created some custom MBeans (implementing Service). they work as they should
but for some reason their names have some hexadecimal number at the end e.g.
"JmxController (0x32e652b6)". Is there a way to get rid of this number? What
does this number mean - only my custom "Services" have such a number?

  • Willem Jiang at Mar 17, 2015 at 1:19 am
    The hex-number is the instanceId to avoid the name conflict.
    If you want to get ride of it, you need to make sure the service is a StaticService which means you have only one instance per Camel Context.

    You can find the below code in the DefaultManagementNamingStrategy.

    public ObjectName getObjectNameForService(CamelContext context, Service service) throws MalformedObjectNameException {
            StringBuilder buffer = new StringBuilder();
            buffer.append(domainName).append(":");
            buffer.append(KEY_CONTEXT + "=").append(getContextId(context)).append(",");
            buffer.append(KEY_TYPE + "=" + TYPE_SERVICE + ",");
            buffer.append(KEY_NAME + "=").append(service.getClass().getSimpleName());
            if (!(service instanceof StaticService)) {
                buffer.append("(").append(ObjectHelper.getIdentityHashCode(service)).append(")");
            }
            return createObjectName(buffer);

    Willem Jiang

    Red Hat, Inc.
    Web: http://www.redhat.com
    http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
    Twitter: willemjiang
    Weibo: 姜宁willem

    I created some custom MBeans (implementing Service). they work as they should
    but for some reason their names have some hexadecimal number at the end e.g.
    "JmxController (0x32e652b6)". Is there a way to get rid of this number? What
    does this number mean - only my custom "Services" have such a number?

  • Dermoritz at Mar 17, 2015 at 7:59 am
    Thanks,

    that was easy. In my case i use Guice and bound my Serviceimplementations as
    Singletons - so i am quite sure there is only one.