From the producer end I am passing my request object in the body, and then the method doWork returns my response object. All of this works fine in terms of actually receiving my response from the caller. The issue is that the messages continue to be in flight and then time out. Why is it that the response is returned as expected, there are no trapped replies (nothing is hung up), but Camel thinks the responses never come back? Am I missing some configuration?
Thanks!

Search Discussions

  • Corey Pentasuglia at Feb 27, 2015 at 6:26 pm
    Just a follow up on my issue shown below. I was able to solve this issue. It appears that although I am increasing the CamelJmsRequestTimeout, the timeToLive field was still being computed off of the default timeout value. In my case I was just able to set disableTimeToLive=true. I could have also increased timeToLive, but disabling it worked fine for me.

    Corey PentasugliaSoftware Engineer &Graduate StudentBlog: rdquest.comrdquest@outlook.com
    From: rdquest@outlook.com
    To: users@camel.apache.org
    Subject: ActiveMQ Request-Reply in flight messages
    Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:15:57 -0500

    Hello,
    I am having some trouble with some ActiveMQ/JMS Camel routes. Essentially, this is what I have:
    Producer End:
    from(direct:name).inOut(activemq:queue:name.job)
    Consumer End:
    from(activemq:queue:name.job?concurrentConsumers=1&destination.consumer.prefetchSize=0&jmsMessageType=Object&destination.consumer.dispatchAsync=true).bean(this, "doWork");

    From the producer end I am passing my request object in the body, and then the method doWork returns my response object. All of this works fine in terms of actually receiving my response from the caller. The issue is that the messages continue to be in flight and then time out. Why is it that the response is returned as expected, there are no trapped replies (nothing is hung up), but Camel thinks the responses never come back? Am I missing some configuration?
    Thanks!
  • Yogu13 at Feb 28, 2015 at 6:53 am
    Hello,

    Please share the activemq - broker configuration and the bean configuration.

    Also version of camel being used.

    Regards,
    -Yogesh