Grokbase Groups Camel users July 2014
Apart from HazelCast - EHCache could anyone recommend any tech for
on-heap caching, and cache replication?

Does redhat have an open source solution in this space?

Kind regards Bird.

Search Discussions

  • Matt Sicker at Jul 28, 2014 at 6:02 pm
    Infinispan is the Red Hat/JBoss solution. Does it matter if it's on-heap or
    off-heap?

    --
    Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>
  • Techbird at Jul 28, 2014 at 6:35 pm
    Infinispan is the Red Hat/JBoss solution. Does it matter if it's on-heap or
    off-heap?

    Apart from HazelCast - EHCache could anyone recommend any tech for
    on-heap caching, and cache replication?

    Does redhat have an open source solution in this space?

    Kind regards Bird.
  • Matt Sicker at Jul 28, 2014 at 6:43 pm
    Well, there's also http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-jcs/ but that
    might only be off-heap.

    Thanks Matt - for my use case on-heap and light weight. I'm looking to
    replicate a cache within a service tier - without having to involve an
    external data grid.

    Infinispan is the Red Hat/JBoss solution. Does it matter if it's on-heap
    or
    off-heap?

    Apart from HazelCast - EHCache could anyone recommend any tech for
    on-heap caching, and cache replication?

    Does redhat have an open source solution in this space?

    Kind regards Bird.

    --
    Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>
  • Techbird at Jul 28, 2014 at 6:57 pm
    With this information - I'll have a good read; there's a ton of
    information available.

    Matt - thank you - Bird.
    Thanks Matt - for my use case on-heap and light weight. I'm looking to
    replicate a cache within a service tier - without having to involve an
    external data grid.

    Infinispan is the Red Hat/JBoss solution. Does it matter if it's on-heap
    or
    off-heap?

    Apart from HazelCast - EHCache could anyone recommend any tech for
    on-heap caching, and cache replication?

    Does redhat have an open source solution in this space?

    Kind regards Bird.
  • Bilgin Ibryam at Aug 16, 2014 at 11:13 am
    FYI,

    I've created some examples that show JBoss Infinispan and Camel replication

    https://github.com/bibryam/camel-infinispan-osgi

    HTH,