Hi All,

I am working on an application where we intend to use camel Endpoints for most of the components for eg. FTP,SMPP,HTTP,Servlet,Jetty and many more. The idea is to create separate wrapper components for all the endpoints and then use them as libraries in our project.

Now all my components will have separate Camel Contexts which will be initialized from various modules in my project.

Secondly,each module needs to be scaled requiring multiple routes(multiple endpoints per component). So I will dynamically add routes to my contexts.

Is this the right way of doing things?

I am pretty new to Camel,I believe there is something I am missing in the above design.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge.

Thanks!

Chirag

Search Discussions

  • Chirag Dewan at Nov 27, 2013 at 12:11 pm
    Hi All,

    I am working on an application where we intend to use camel Endpoints for most of the components for eg. FTP,SMPP,HTTP,Servlet,Jetty and many more. The idea is to create separate wrapper components for all the endpoints and then use them as libraries in our project.

    Now all my components will have separate Camel Contexts which will be initialized from various modules in my project.

    Secondly,each module needs to be scaled requiring multiple routes(multiple endpoints per component). So I will dynamically add routes to my contexts.

    Is this the right way of doing things?

    I am pretty new to Camel,I believe there is something I am missing in the above design.

    Please excuse my lack of knowledge.

    Thanks!

    Chirag
  • Chirag Dewan at Nov 28, 2013 at 12:09 pm
    Hi All,

    Any comments on the query?

    Thanks

    Chirag

    Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
  • Claus Ibsen at Nov 29, 2013 at 3:53 pm
    Camel is flexible and you can run it anyhow you like it.

    So if you run 1 route per camel context, or have N+ routes in the
    context, or have N context with 1 routes, or N context with N+ routes
    doesn't matter.

    Its your choice. Though most people tend to have 1 context with N+
    routes that is related, or belongs to the same business application.

    And you can add/remove routes at runtime.

    Just make sure to read a bit on the Camel website how to stop and remove routes.

    --
    Claus Ibsen

groupusers @
categoriescamel
postedNov 27, '13 at 12:10p
activeNov 29, '13 at 3:53p
websitecamel.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Chirag Dewan: 3 posts Claus Ibsen: 1 post