Grokbase Groups Camel users July 2013
I am working on camel 2.11.0. I was able to do routing using cxf component
and perform CRUD operations in my endpoint application. Now how do I do
polling or which component is used for this in camel.
Subscription or polling: In concurrent intervals of time, whatever updates
or changes happen in my endpoint application, we need to retrieve this
information. This is called polling or subscription.

Thanks
Kannaiah

  • Christoph Emmersberger at Jul 16, 2013 at 9:24 am
    Hi Kannaiah

    I assume that you want to poll based upon different timer events.

    Have a look at the documentation of a PollingConsumer: http://camel.apache.org/polling-consumer.html

    You probably would like to end up with something similar like:

    from("timer://foo?period=5000").bean(cool, "someBusinessLogic");

    - Christoph
    I am working on camel 2.11.0. I was able to do routing using cxf component
    and perform CRUD operations in my endpoint application. Now how do I do
    polling or which component is used for this in camel.
    Subscription or polling: In concurrent intervals of time, whatever updates
    or changes happen in my endpoint application, we need to retrieve this
    information. This is called polling or subscription.

    Thanks
    Kannaiah

  • Cannykanna at Jul 17, 2013 at 6:40 am
    Thank you Christopher. Will look into the doc. If there are any requires, i
    will let U know..!!

    Regards,
    Kannaiah

  • Cannykanna at Jul 23, 2013 at 9:43 am
    Hi Christopher,
    The Document link you sent was very helpful.
    Thank you so much :)
    Does the Camel has any component that supports polling other than EIPs?
    Do you have any example where polling is executed?

    Regards
    Kannaiah

  • Christoph Emmersberger at Aug 8, 2013 at 9:55 am
    Hi Kannaiah,

    sorry for the late reply, ... are you still having any issues?

    One of the good examples getting started can be found within the TestCases where a File is being polled. However, you should be able to adjust the example for triggering your CXF client.

             PollingConsumer consumer = context.getEndpoint(${YOUR_CONSUMER_ROUTE}).createPollingConsumer();
             consumer.start();
             Exchange exchange = consumer.receive(5000);

    Hope this might help, ...

    - Christoph