I define my end point in camel context xml and during runtime I override
them as I get it from a Service catalogue service.

For SOAP webservice invocations, I am able to do the following in a
processor just before the cxf bean invocation.

Map<String, Object> requestContext = new HashMap<String, Object>();
requestContext.put(BindingProvider.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,endPointURL);
exchange.getOut().setHeader(Client.REQUEST_CONTEXT, requestContext);

And this works as well. However if I try to do the same with restful
services. I get the following error (note, without overriding the call goes
through fine with restful services)

Caused by: org.apache.camel.component.cxf.CxfOperationException: JAXRS
operation failed invoking direct://matching with statusCode: 404
at
org.apache.camel.component.cxf.jaxrs.CxfRsProducer.populateCxfRsProducerException(CxfRsProducer.java:317)
at
org.apache.camel.component.cxf.jaxrs.CxfRsProducer.invokeHttpClient(CxfRsProducer.java:177)
at
org.apache.camel.component.cxf.jaxrs.CxfRsProducer.process(CxfRsProducer.java:87)
at
org.apache.camel.util.AsyncProcessorConverterHelper$ProcessorToAsyncProcessorBridge.process(AsyncProcessorConverterHelper.java:61)

I turned on the outgoing Webservice logging interceptor and I see the
following

INFO : Outbound Message
---------------------------
ID: 4
Address: http://localhost:9084/yyy/services/ABC
Headers:
{RequestContext=[{javax.xml.ws.service.endpoint.address=http://xxx:9080/yyy/services/ABC}],
Content-Type=[*/*], Connection=[Keep-Alive], Accept=[*/*]}
--------------------------------------

The URL http://locahost:9084/yyy/services/ABC is present in camel endpoint
xml, whereas http://xxx:9080/yyy/services/ABC is the URL that needs to be
overridden.

The same service if I model as SOAP based, the url overwriting works well.
The outgoing request was

INFO : Outbound Message
---------------------------
ID: 2
Address: http://XXX:9080/yyy/services/ABC
Encoding: UTF-8
Headers: {Accept=[*/*], Connection=[Keep-Alive], SOAPAction=[""]}
Payload: <soap:Envelope
xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap:Body>......content
removed for brevity.......</soap:Envelope>
--------------------------------------

Any inputs on this.

Regards,
Hari

  • Sergey Beryozkin at Feb 13, 2013 at 4:15 pm
    Hi,
    I define my end point in camel context xml and during runtime I override
    them as I get it from a Service catalogue service.

    For SOAP webservice invocations, I am able to do the following in a
    processor just before the cxf bean invocation.

    Map<String, Object> requestContext = new HashMap<String, Object>();
    requestContext.put(BindingProvider.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,endPointURL);
    exchange.getOut().setHeader(Client.REQUEST_CONTEXT, requestContext);

    And this works as well. However if I try to do the same with restful
    services. I get the following error (note, without overriding the call goes
    through fine with restful services)
    BindingProvider.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY is not recognized by the
    client RS runtime, can you try

    final String REQUEST_URI = "org.apache.cxf.request.uri";
    exchange.getOut().setHeader(REQUEST_URI, endPointURL);

    Not sure if it will work in Camel right now, though I'm pretty sure we
    have a CXF test for changing the original address, let me know please

    Cheers, Sergey
[...]

  • Jdev.hari at Feb 13, 2013 at 4:25 pm
    Hi,

    I tried it, I still get the same error.

    Caused by: org.apache.camel.component.cxf.CxfOperationException: JAXRS
    operation failed invoking direct://matching with statusCode: 404
    at
    org.apache.camel.component.cxf.jaxrs.CxfRsProducer.populateCxfRsProducerException(CxfRsProducer.java:317)
    at
    org.apache.camel.component.cxf.jaxrs.CxfRsProducer.invokeHttpClient(CxfRsProducer.java:177)
    at
    org.apache.camel.component.cxf.jaxrs.CxfRsProducer.process(CxfRsProducer.java:87)

    The outgoing XML message was

    INFO : Outbound Message
    ---------------------------
    ID: 4
    Address: http://localhost:9080/yyy/services/ABC
    Headers: {org.apache.cxf.request.uri=[http://XXX:9080/yyy/services/ABC],
    Content-Type=[*/*], Connection=[Keep-Alive], Accept=[*/*]}
    --------------------------------------

    I believe still the request goes to localhost instead of going to XXX

    Regards,
    Hari

  • Sergey Beryozkin at Feb 13, 2013 at 4:42 pm
    Actually, you mentioned that
    Map<String, Object> requestContext = new HashMap<String, Object>();

    requestContext.put(BindingProvider.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,endPointURL);

    exchange.getOut().setHeader(Client.REQUEST_CONTEXT, requestContext);
    actually affects the RS path too - I can see WS & RS request context
    property is actually named identically (in CXF code). So give it another
    try with the above code but replace

    requestContext.put(BindingProvider.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,endPointURL);

    with

    requestContext.put("org.apache.cxf.request.uri",endPointURL);

    and possibly add

    requestContext.put(Message.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS,endPointURL);

    if that does not work then then we can take it offline to minimize the
    noise - actually, if that does not work still - have a look in the
    debugger and make sure that whatever properties are set there which make
    the invocation work as expected are reset to the new values and not
    lost, AFAIK, CXF RS runtime has a default request context on the message
    already set...so may be you have to do

    exchange.getOut().getHeader(Client.REQUEST_CONTEXT) and if the context
    is not null then update request uri and endpoint address on it

    Cheers, Sergey
[...]

    Talend Community Coders
    http://coders.talend.com/

    Blog: http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com
  • Jdev.hari at Feb 19, 2013 at 2:05 am
    Hi Sergey,

    I tried all the above options and still id doesnt work.

    Thanks,
    Hari

[...]

    ------------------------------
    below:

    http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/URL-overwriting-SOAP-vs-restful-tp5727526p5727536.html
    .
    NAML<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

  • William Tam at Feb 19, 2013 at 2:54 am
    I believe you can set the CamelDestinationOverrideUrl header to
    override the target service URL. It works for both SOAP (camel-cxf)
    and REST (camel-cxfrrs).
[...]

  • Jdev.hari at Feb 22, 2013 at 4:13 am
    Thanks a lot William.

    It worked !