Hello guys,
just a quick question, because, I'm a little bit lost…
What is the preffered way to configure SSL for REST interface in Camel
project?

I'm using CXF-RS and so far, sending requests via http was good enough, but
now it gets more serious and I need https…

I have found that one possibility could be through "PAX web" and the second
one "http conduit".
Is it so? What is the difference?
At least the PAX web was not working for me, I have very similar scenario
what is discussed in this thread (
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Camel-CXF-HTTPS-td5721517.html) but the
"https" resource was not working (connection refused), following the
advices in the discussion there.

Now I'm going to take a look on "http conduit", but anyway, I'd like to ask
you for hints.
Thanks!

--
S pozdravem / Best regards
Martin Stiborský

Jabber: stibi@njs.netlab.cz
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/stibi

Search Discussions

  • Sergey Beryozkin at Feb 6, 2013 at 10:15 am

    just a quick question, because, I'm a little bit lost…
    What is the preffered way to configure SSL for REST interface in Camel
    project?

    I'm using CXF-RS and so far, sending requests via http was good enough, but
    now it gets more serious and I need https…

    I have found that one possibility could be through "PAX web" and the second
    one "http conduit".
    Is it so? What is the difference?
    At least the PAX web was not working for me, I have very similar scenario
    what is discussed in this thread (
    http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Camel-CXF-HTTPS-td5721517.html) but the
    "https" resource was not working (connection refused), following the
    advices in the discussion there.

    Now I'm going to take a look on "http conduit", but anyway, I'd like to ask
    you for hints.
    Re CXF HTTP Conduit, please check
    http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs-client-api.html#JAX-RSClientAPI-ConfiguringanHTTPConduitfromSpring

    HTH, Sergey
    Thanks!
  • Martin Stiborský at Feb 7, 2013 at 8:44 am
    Thanks…but, still no luck…I have found so many different examples how to
    configure http:conduit in various environments, with various frameworks,
    but no combination works for me…even worse, I don't how it *actually* works.

    I have cxf-rs, camel, running in karaf. For start, I'm trying to setup a
    simple basic authentication within my exposed REST API.

    blueprint configuration:

    <blueprint ...>

    <camel-cxf:rsServer id="myServer" address="${server.rest.base}/"
    serviceClass="com.foo.myServerClass"/>

    <http:conduit name="http://localhost:.*"
    xmlns:sec="http://cxf.apache.org/configuration/security"
    xmlns="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http/configuration
    ">
    <http:authorization>
    <sec:UserName>user</sec:UserName>
    <sec:Password>pass</sec:Password>
    </http:authorization>
    </http:conduit>

    <camelContext id="mainContext" useMDCLogging="true"
    xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint">
    </camelContext>

    </blueprint>

    So, when some service in my REST interface is being invoked, I should be
    asked for authentication.
    But, it doesn't work.
    I'd like to kindly ask you for help, thanks guys!

    http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.**com/Camel-CXF-HTTPS-td5721517.**html<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Camel-CXF-HTTPS-td5721517.html>)
    but the
    "https" resource was not working (connection refused), following the
    advices in the discussion there.

    Now I'm going to take a look on "http conduit", but anyway, I'd like to
    ask
    you for hints.
    Re CXF HTTP Conduit, please check
    http://cxf.apache.org/docs/**jax-rs-client-api.html#JAX-**RSClientAPI-**
    ConfiguringanHTTPConduitfromSp**ring<http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs-client-api.html#JAX-RSClientAPI-ConfiguringanHTTPConduitfromSpring>

    HTH, Sergey

    Thanks!

    --
    S pozdravem / Best regards
    Martin Stiborský

    Jabber: stibi@njs.netlab.cz
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/stibi
  • Sergey Beryozkin at Feb 7, 2013 at 10:54 am
    Hi,
[...]

    I somehow thought you were asking about the client side set up, sorry.
    HttpConduit does not help on the server side, only on the client side.
    Re HTTPS: on the server side, when running in OSGI, your best bet is to
    use pax-web configuration, or I guess, may be various HTTP bridges (I've
    no experience with these).
    Authentication: use CXF JAASLoginInInterceptor, I think there might be a
    demo in ServiceMix, or I can point you to our own demo too...
    HTH, Sergey

[...]

  • Martin Stiborský at Feb 7, 2013 at 11:00 am
    Hi, yep, I just find out, that I'm mixing client and side things :(
    At least I know what is http conduit for :)
    ok…pax web…let's see, thanks for help Sergey!

    Thanks…but, still no luck…I have found so many different examples how to
    configure http:conduit in various environments, with various frameworks,
    but no combination works for me…even worse, I don't how it *actually*
    works.

    I have cxf-rs, camel, running in karaf. For start, I'm trying to setup a
    simple basic authentication within my exposed REST API.

    blueprint configuration:

    <blueprint ...>

    <camel-cxf:rsServer id="myServer" address="${server.rest.base}/"
    serviceClass="com.foo.**myServerClass"/>

    <http:conduit name="http://localhost:.*"
    xmlns:sec="http://cxf.apache.**
    org/configuration/security <http://cxf.apache.org/configuration/security>
    "
    xmlns="http://cxf.apache.org/**
    transports/http/configuration<http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http/configuration>
    ">
    <http:authorization>
    <sec:UserName>user</sec:**UserName>
    <sec:Password>pass</sec:**Password>
    </http:authorization>
    </http:conduit>

    <camelContext id="mainContext" useMDCLogging="true"
    xmlns="http://camel.apache.**org/schema/blueprint<http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint>
    ">

    On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Sergey Beryozkin<sberyozkin@gmail.com**

    )

    RSClientAPI-**<http://cxf.apache.org/docs/**jax-rs-client-api.html#JAX-**RSClientAPI-**>
    ConfiguringanHTTPConduitfromSp****ring<http://cxf.apache.org/**
    docs/jax-rs-client-api.html#**JAX-RSClientAPI-**
    ConfiguringanHTTPConduitfromSp**ring<http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs-client-api.html#JAX-RSClientAPI-ConfiguringanHTTPConduitfromSpring>
    HTH, Sergey

    Thanks!

    --
    S pozdravem / Best regards
    Martin Stiborský

    Jabber: stibi@njs.netlab.cz
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/stibi
  • Martin Stiborský at Feb 7, 2013 at 12:26 pm
    This is really helpful:
    http://blog.nanthrax.net/2012/12/how-to-enable-https-certificate-client-auth-with-karaf/
    I'm still not finished, but it's on a good way I guess :)

[...]

  • Martin Stiborský at Feb 7, 2013 at 1:03 pm
    And from the same source, another good one:
    http://blog.nanthrax.net/2011/08/jax-rs-services-using-cxf-and-karaf/
    Sorry for spamming. I just hope that these links could be useful for
    others, solving the same issue.

[...]

groupusers @
categoriescamel
postedFeb 5, '13 at 10:20p