Grokbase Groups Camel users May 2012
Hello,

I'm currently getting started in Apache ServiceMix. I have some experience
in developing Apache Camel routes in Java DSL and execute them standalone.
Now I want to deploy my routes in Apache ServiceMix.
Following to the Camel/ServiceMix documentation, there seems to be two
options two deploy routes
- Deploy routes and filter as OSGi Bundle
- Deploy routes and filter as JBI Component (Service Assembly / Service
Units)

Which one is the preferred one? Are there any other options? Which one use
Apache ServiceMix customers most often?

Thanks for your help in advance!

  • Claus Ibsen at May 22, 2012 at 8:10 am
    JBI is dead / deprecated. Don't use that.
    For SMX you should use OSGi.
    I'm currently getting started in Apache ServiceMix. I have some experience
    in developing Apache Camel routes in Java DSL and execute them standalone.
    Now I want to deploy my routes in Apache ServiceMix.
    Following to the Camel/ServiceMix documentation, there seems to be two
    options two deploy routes
    - Deploy routes and filter as OSGi Bundle
    - Deploy routes and filter as JBI Component (Service Assembly / Service
    Units)

    Which one is the preferred one? Are there any other options? Which one use
    Apache ServiceMix customers most often?

    Thanks for your help in advance!

    Claus Ibsen
    -----------------
    FuseSource
    Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
    Web: http://fusesource.com
    Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
    Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
  • Christian Müller at May 30, 2012 at 8:55 pm
    Deploy your Camel routes as OSGI bundles as Claus already recommend - JBI
    is dead.
    Use the maven-bundle-plugin [1] to generate the needed OSGI meta data.

    [1] http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html

    Best,
    Christian
[...]

  • Willem Jiang at May 31, 2012 at 2:16 am
    If you are using JBI, you may hit the classloader issue[1].
    With OSGi, you will not hit that kind of issue any more :)

    [1]http://camel.apache.org/classloader-issue-of-servicemix-camel-component.html
    JBI is dead / deprecated. Don't use that.
    For SMX you should use OSGi.

    I'm currently getting started in Apache ServiceMix. I have some experience
    in developing Apache Camel routes in Java DSL and execute them standalone.
    Now I want to deploy my routes in Apache ServiceMix.
    Following to the Camel/ServiceMix documentation, there seems to be two
    options two deploy routes
    - Deploy routes and filter as OSGi Bundle
    - Deploy routes and filter as JBI Component (Service Assembly / Service
    Units)

    Which one is the preferred one? Are there any other options? Which one use
    Apache ServiceMix customers most often?

    Thanks for your help in advance!

    Willem
    ----------------------------------