Grokbase Groups Camel users May 2012
I am trying to pull files from FTP location to local drive but facing
problem. FtpChangedExclusiveReadLockStrategy(I have used readLock=changed)
is not able to aquire the read lock for any file in FTP location. In log I
found that it is not able to retrive meta information of the file like
timestamp and file size. It is always showing

Previous last modified: -9356245684581254, new last modified: 0
Previous length: 0, new length: 0

Sometimes "Previous last modified:" is also coming as 0. It is working fine
for another FTP location. Why this problem is occured? Is this due to lack
of permission? What changes I need to do to make this working

  • Claus Ibsen at May 22, 2012 at 8:16 am

    I am trying to pull files from FTP location to local drive but facing
    problem. FtpChangedExclusiveReadLockStrategy(I have used readLock=changed)
    is not able to aquire the read lock for any file in FTP location. In log I
    found that it is not able to retrive meta information of the file like
    timestamp and file size. It is always showing

    Previous last modified: -9356245684581254, new last modified: 0
    Previous length: 0, new length: 0

    Sometimes "Previous last modified:" is also coming as 0. It is working fine
    for another FTP location. Why this problem is occured? Is this due to lack
    of permission? What changes I need to do to make this working
    Not all FTP servers works fine in all cases.
    You may have to configure the pattern for the directory listing. eg
    when you do a LS on the FTP server, it shows the file names, date,
    length etc. The FTP library then parses that line. You can configure
    this. See the FTP library documentation for more details.

    Claus Ibsen
    -----------------
    FuseSource
    Email: cibsen@fusesource.com