Is it possible to adjust the headerBufferSize parameter when using the Camel
Jetty component? Jetty seems to support changing the parameter via its XML
configuration file but I'm not sure how this fits in with Camel. Is there
an example out there that I've missed? Thanks.

  • Claus Ibsen at Apr 13, 2012 at 3:29 pm

    Is it possible to adjust the headerBufferSize parameter when using the Camel
    Jetty component?  Jetty seems to support changing the parameter via its XML
    configuration file but I'm not sure how this fits in with Camel.  Is there
    an example out there that I've missed?  Thanks.
    Now do you configure this in Jetty? An example would be nice. Then its
    easier to see if there is something we can add to camel-jetty.
    Or its already possible.

    And you can check the camel-jetty unit tests, sometimes you can find
    good examples there.

    Claus Ibsen
    -----------------
    FuseSource
    Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
    Web: http://fusesource.com
    Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
    Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
  • Pglebow at Apr 24, 2012 at 11:30 pm
    Jetty's configuration parameters seem to be controlled at the connector
    level; http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Configuring+Connectors lists
    the properties that are available.

    I tried specifying the socketConnectorProperties map in the Spring DSL that
    defines the route; here is the relevant part:

    <camel:route id="posWS" autoStartup="{{jetty.autoStartup.SYSTEM}}">
    <camel:from
    uri="jetty:{{jetty.url.SYSTEM}}:{{jetty.port.SYSTEM}}/positions?enableJmx=true
    &amp;socketConnectorProperties=#jettyConnectorProperties" />
    <camel:process ref="posWSProcessor" />
    </camel:route>

    I've defined a map called "jettyConnectorProperties" like this:

    <util:map id="jettyConnectorProperties">
    <entry key="name" value="testName" />
    <entry key="requestBufferSize" value="1024" />
    </util:map>

    However, when I inspect the configuration of Jetty using JMX, neither
    parameter is updated. I'm using Spring 3.1.1 and Camel 2.9.1.

    Is this the correct way to set these parameters?

  • Claus Ibsen at Apr 25, 2012 at 6:43 am

[...]

    You should set them on the jetty component

    See the examples with the sslSocketConnectorProperties options, that
    would be similar for socketConnectorProperties as well
    http://camel.apache.org/jetty

    Claus Ibsen
    -----------------
    FuseSource