I have a route:

from("netty:tcp://somewhere:1234?...")
.to("bean:myBean?method=callOut")

Where the callOut method does several things, followed by a producerTemplate call to another netty endpoint:

producerTemplate.sendBody("netty:tcp://somewhereElse:6789...", ExchangePattern.InOut, body);

I'm unable to proxy "directly" from/to the netty endpoints, and need to pass through this bean. However, I receive the following exception:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: await*() in I/O thread causes a dead lock or sudden performance drop. Use addListener() instead or call await*() from a different thread.

Is this route arrangement possible? All comm is synchronous request/reply.

-matt

Search Discussions

  • Matt Narrell at Apr 6, 2012 at 2:27 am
    This works fine with Mina, but chokes with Netty...
    Where the callOut method does several things, followed by a producerTemplate call to another netty endpoint:

    producerTemplate.sendBody("netty:tcp://somewhereElse:6789...", ExchangePattern.InOut, body);

    I'm unable to proxy "directly" from/to the netty endpoints, and need to pass through this bean. However, I receive the following exception:

    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: await*() in I/O thread causes a dead lock or sudden performance drop. Use addListener() instead or call await*() from a different thread.

    Is this route arrangement possible? All comm is synchronous request/reply.

    -matt
  • Willem Jiang at Apr 9, 2012 at 12:52 pm
    Can you fill a JIRA[1] for it ?

    [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL

    --
    Willem

    mn
[...]

groupusers @
categoriescamel
postedApr 3, '12 at 11:26p
activeApr 9, '12 at 3:19p
websitecamel.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Matt Narrell: 3 posts Willem Jiang: 1 post