Hi all,

I'm very new to Camel, and I have spent a whole day searching over the net
to answer my question :
Does Camel have any limitations in terms of amount of camelContext or routes
it can handle ?
I did'nt find any information about that, except OS limitations for open
files.
We are working on an engine that uses Camel and Servicemix.

Many thanks, and sorry if my question if someway obvious or stupid :/

  • Ashwin Karpe at Feb 10, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    Hi,

    There are no explicit limits to the number of camel contexts or routes per
    camel context.

    The primary upper limits are the limits of the JVM under which the camel
    contexts/routes run. There are tuning possibilities at a camel context
    and/or per route level. They are however still bound by the ceilings/limits
    set on the JVM in which they are run.

    As for individual components, such as Netty, JMS etc, you do need to worry
    about OS limits such as open file descriptors, socket timeouts etc.

    Cheers,

    Ashwin...

    -----
    Ashwin Karpe
    Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
    FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
    http://fusesource.com

    Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com
  • Matt Pavlovich at Feb 10, 2012 at 3:27 pm
    There isn't anything built into the framework that dictates you can only
    have 16 or 32 context, or event 32,000. Its going to be limited based
    on the amount of system resources-- RAM, Java Heap, etc--, the
    complexity of the routes you deploy and any dependencies pulled in by
    the routes you deploy.

    Hope this helps,
    Matt Pavlovich