1. I am new with Camel. I am trying to create route as to process file from a file component and pass on to a http tomcat server through http producer, but I am not able to upload the file to the server.

2. I have created the route as follows

from("file:inbox?noop=false").to("http://localhost:8080/myServer/");

I have also tried using my I.P address in place of localhost

3. I am not getting any compilation error nor at runtime and the file is getting processed from inbox folder, but I am not able to receive the file in myServer directory.

4. Camel version I am using is 2.0.0 .

Thanks & regards,
Shadab

________________________________
***The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,retransmission,dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.***

Search Discussions

  • Willem Jiang at Oct 11, 2011 at 6:58 am
    Did you check the service log which works listen to

    --
    Willem
    ----------------------------------

    I tried to upload the files using apache commons httpclient and FileUpload api as multipart POSTs and it was successful. But the same thing when I tried using camel routes I am getting exception at both sides server and client.
    I am getting the following exceptions:

    1. At client side :

    SEVERE: HTTP operation failed with statusCode: 500, status: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
    org.apache.camel.component.http.HttpOperationFailedException: HTTP operation failed with statusCode: 500, status: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
    at org.apache.camel.component.http.HttpProducer.populateHttpOperationFailedException(HttpProducer.java:141)
    at org.apache.camel.component.http.HttpProducer.process(HttpProducer.java:89)
    at org.apache.camel.processor.SendProcessor$1.doInProducer(SendProcessor.java:81)
    at org.apache.camel.processor.SendProcessor$1.doInProducer(SendProcessor.java:79)
    at org.apache.camel.impl.ProducerCache.doInProducer(ProducerCache.java:141)
    at org.apache.camel.processor.SendProcessor.process(SendProcessor.java:78)
    at org.apache.camel.management.InstrumentationProcessor.process(InstrumentationProcessor.java:61)
    at org.apache.camel.processor.RedeliveryErrorHandler.processExchange(RedeliveryErrorHandler.java:186)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    Oct 13, 2011 5:50:26 PM org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileOnCompletion processStrategyRollback
    WARNING: Rollback file strategy: org.apache.camel.component.file.strategy.GenericFileNoOpProcessStrategy@1632847 for file: GenericFile[academy.xml]
    Oct 13, 2011 5:50:26 PM org.apache.camel.processor.Logger log

    2. At server side :

    SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
    org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: the request was rejected because no multipart boundary was found
    at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:327)
    at org.apache.jsp.ProcessFileUpload_jsp._jspService(ProcessFileUpload_jsp.java:78)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:377)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)

    3. I am using the below camel route to upload the file.

    from("file:inbox?noop=true").setHeader(Exchange.HTTP_METHOD, constant(org.apache.camel.component.http.HttpMethods.POST))
    .setHeader(Exchange.CONTENT_TYPE, constant("multipart/form-data")) .to("http://10.200.41.29:8082/displaytag-examples-1.2/ProcessFileUpload.jsp");

    Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas on how to get around this issue?

    Thank you.

    Regards,
    Shadab

[...]

  • Claus Ibsen at Oct 14, 2011 at 10:40 am
    Hi

    Are you really using Camel 2.0.0 ? This is a very old release.

    The camel-http component have been improved so it detects if you
    pickup files, and upload that using the File support from the Http
    Client framework.

    So if possible I suggest to try to consider upgrading Camel.

    On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Mohammad Shadab Ali

    Blog:    http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (English)
    http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)
    Twitter: willemjiang
    Weibo: willemjiang

    ***The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,retransmission,dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.***

    --
    Claus Ibsen
    -----------------
    FuseSource
    Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
    Web: http://fusesource.com
    Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
    Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
  • Mohammad Shadab Ali at Oct 14, 2011 at 2:18 pm
    Hi,

    I tried a POC using Camel 2.8.0 and now am not getting error "500 Internal Server Error". But the error at the tomcat server side still persists.

    SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
    org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: the request was rejected because no multipart boundary was found

    Here is the FileUpload.jsp which I am using to upload the file.

    <%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=windows-1252"%>
    <%@ page import="org.apache.commons.fileupload.DiskFileUpload"%>
    <%@ page import="org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileItem"%>
    <%@ page import="java.util.List"%>
    <%@ page import="java.util.Iterator"%>
    <%@ page import="java.io.File"%>
    html>
    <head>

    <title>Process File Upload</title>
    </head>
    <%

    System.out.println("Content Type ="+request.getContentType());

    DiskFileUpload fu = new DiskFileUpload();
    // If file size exceeds, a FileUploadException will be thrown
    fu.setSizeMax(1000000);

    List fileItems = fu.parseRequest(request);
    System.out.println("List of files ="+request.getContentType());
    Iterator itr = fileItems.iterator();

    while(itr.hasNext()) {
    FileItem fi = (FileItem)itr.next();

    //Check if not form field so as to only handle the file inputs
    //else condition handles the submit button input
    if(!fi.isFormField()) {
    System.out.println("nNAME: "+fi.getName());
    System.out.println("SIZE: "+fi.getSize());
    //System.out.println(fi.getOutputStream().toString());
    File fNew= new File(application.getRealPath("/"), fi.getName());

    System.out.println(fNew.getAbsolutePath());
    fi.write(fNew);
    }
    else {
    System.out.println("Field ="+fi.getFieldName());
    %>
    Upload Successful!!

    I read somewhere that camel-http internally uses the apache commons httplient api.
    I tried it without camel and it works fine and same JSP is able to upload the file.

    Code without using camel :

    public class MultipartFileUpload {
    private static String url =
    "http://localhost/displaytag-examples-1.2/ProcessFileUpload.jsp";

    @SuppressWarnings("deprecation")
    HttpClient client = new HttpClient();

    MultipartPostMethod mPost = new MultipartPostMethod(url);

    client.setConnectionTimeout(8000);

    File f1 = new File("test.xml");

    mPost.addParameter(f1.getName(), f1);

    int statusCode1 = client.executeMethod(mPost);

    mPost.getParams().setParameter(HttpMethodParams.USE_EXPECT_CONTINUE,true);
    mPost.releaseConnection();

    Thank you.

    Regards,
    Shadab

[...]

  • Mohammad Shadab Ali at Oct 17, 2011 at 1:30 pm
    Hi,

    I got stuck into this and not able to proceed.
    Did anyone faced the similar?

    Thank you in advance.

    Regards,
    Shadab

[...]

  • Willem Jiang at Oct 24, 2011 at 8:20 am
    I don't think http component support the multipart/form-data out of box.
    If you still want to do it, you can consider to add a processor to
    create the request entity like this

    from("file:inbox?noop=false").process(new Processor() {
    // setup the request entity in this processor
    Message in = exchange.getIn();
    File file = in.getBody();
    Part[] parts = {
    new FilePart(file.getName(), file)
    }
    HttpMethodParams params = new HttpMethodParams();
    params.setParameter(HttpMethodParams.USE_EXPECT_CONTINUE,true);
    MultipartRequestEntity reqEntity = new
    MultipartRequestEntity(parts,params);
    exchange.getOut().setBody(reqEntity);
    };