I have just started learning CAMEL. There are some good basic examples to
learn CAMEL. It seems that, using CAMEL, it is so simple to send a message
from one queue to the other. For example he is one example:

from("activemq:queue1”)
.to("activemq:queue2");

The above two lines will do the job. I have tested and it works. I want to
apply this to real world scenario, I need help from experts how can I do
this:

I have a queue say "queue1" defined in the production environment and I have
"queue2" defined in the Staging environment. There is "customerQueue"
defined in our customer's production environment. From
"queue1" I want to send messages to "queue2" and to "customerQueue". I can
use EIP to send messages from "queue1" to "queue2" and to "customerQueue"
(more than one recipients). What I don't know is how to tell CAMEL where is
"queue2" and where is "customerQueue". Please help me.

  • Boday at Aug 23, 2011 at 11:28 pm
    when you setup your "activemq" component (generally in spring xml), you have
    to specify the broker to connect to. this is generally localhost, but can
    be an external broker, etc. So, just setup multiple activemq components
    (and give them an appropriate ID)...like this

    <bean id="activemq_production"
    class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
    <property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://production-host:61616"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="activemq_customer"
    class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
    <property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://customer-host:61616"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="activemq_staging"
    class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
    <property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://staging-host:61616"/>
    </bean>

    then, your route simply references these components/queues, etc...

    from("activemq_production:queue:queue1”)
    .to("activemq_staging:queue:queue2","activemq_customer:queue:customerQueue");

    newbiee wrote:
[...]

    -----
    Ben O'Day
    IT Consultant -http://consulting-notes.com

  • Newbiee at Aug 25, 2011 at 1:30 pm
    Thank you very much for such a precise explanation.

    Our customer is using IBM MQ, can you also provide SPRING tags to configure
    IBM MQ broker?
    Also, we used VPN to cennect to our customer Queue, do I need to configure
    CAMEL/ACTIVE MQ for the VPN?

    Thank you

  • Newbiee at Aug 25, 2011 at 1:30 pm
    Also,

    in the follwing code:

    from("activemq_production:queue:queue1”)
    .to("activemq_staging:queue:queue2","activemq_customer:queue:customerQueue");

    Do I need to create queue1, queue2 or customerQueue? or the above "from ->
    to" statements will automatically create the queues if they don't exist?

    If the queues are automatically created by the above statements, is it ok to
    follow this convention? what is the good programming practive? i.e.
    explicitly create the queues or let the above statement create the queues?

    Thank you