How do sessions work with Camel? Is there only one message consumed per
session?

I've set the acknowledgment mode to be CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE via the
JmsComponent http://camel.apache.org/jms.html
(http://camel.apache.org/jms.html) . However, I read the following on the
http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/bncfu.html#bncfw sun jms site

"Session.CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE: A client acknowledges a message by calling the
message’s
acknowledge method. In this mode, acknowledgment takes place on the session
level:
Acknowledging a consumed message automatically acknowledges the receipt of
all
messages that have been consumed by its session. For example, if a message
consumer
consumes ten messages and then acknowledges the fifth message delivered, all
ten messages
are acknowledged."

If camel only consumes one message per session then I'm golden. I did some
local tests, and this appears to be the case, but I wanted to double check
here in case I missed something.

Thank you,

Monica

  • Willem Jiang at Apr 24, 2010 at 8:51 am
    Hi,

    camel-jms consumer is based on Spring JMSMessageListenerContainer, after
    digging the JMS message receiving code for a while, it's consuming one
    message per session.

    Willem

    Monica_G wrote:
    Hi,

[...]