I just spent the last half day trying to figure out what I thought was a
bug with a Camel route. I have a route that consumes multiple files
from a ftp server and then a second route to process those files.
Files were disappearing on me without any errors or debug messages,
needless to say I was a little baffled but I kept my cool ;)
I use Eclipse and m2eclipse plug-in (actually, the STS eclipse distro)
in combination with the camel:run plug-in to run my camel routes inside
Eclipse during development. Apparently at some point during the
compile/build/run cycle I didn't properly shut down the camel
application. Eventually, I noticed a process running in the background.
I just wanted to post this message to give a heads up for you
eclipse/maven users in case you run into a similar situation.