I just spent the last half day trying to figure out what I thought was a
bug with a Camel route. I have a route that consumes multiple files
from a ftp server and then a second route to process those files.

Files were disappearing on me without any errors or debug messages,
needless to say I was a little baffled but I kept my cool ;)

I use Eclipse and m2eclipse plug-in (actually, the STS eclipse distro)
in combination with the camel:run plug-in to run my camel routes inside
Eclipse during development. Apparently at some point during the
compile/build/run cycle I didn't properly shut down the camel
application. Eventually, I noticed a process running in the background.
I just wanted to post this message to give a heads up for you
eclipse/maven users in case you run into a similar situation.

Cheers

-Russ

Search Discussions

  • Claus Ibsen at Apr 7, 2010 at 3:57 pm
    Hi

    Thanks for sharing this story. Yeah I can see why you would get really confused?
    And imagine powering on the computer the next day and it just worked :)

    --
    Claus Ibsen
    Apache Camel Committer

    Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

groupusers @
categoriescamel
postedApr 7, '10 at 3:25p
activeApr 7, '10 at 3:57p
websitecamel.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Claus Ibsen: 1 post Pitre, Russell: 1 post