I'm using Camel 1.6.2 deployed inside ServiceMix. Is it possible for the
packaged resource camel-context.xml file to import XML Configured routes
from a file existing in the file system rather than from within the resource
folder packaged inside the compiled service unit? I'd like to do something
like this because I would like to deploy a Camel ServiceUnit where I can
easily modify my routes just by editing an XML configuration file and
restarting the ServiceUnit instead of having to have the service unit's
source available to edit, rebuild, and redeploy.

  • Claus Ibsen at Mar 1, 2010 at 9:26 am

    --
    I think the Spring xml import can load from file system as well.

    For example see this Spring XML file
    http://code.google.com/p/camelinaction/source/browse/trunk/chapter13/startup/src/test/resources/META-INF/spring/camel-route-xml.xml

    And then instead of using classpath: as prefix then use file: for file system.

    Claus Ibsen
    Apache Camel Committer

    Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

groupusers @
categoriescamel
postedMar 1, '10 at 9:26a
activeMar 1, '10 at 9:37a
websitecamel.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Claus Ibsen: 1 post Jweathers777: 1 post