Hello all, I'm hoping someone has a quick answer for this:

Running Camel 2.0 inside Felix/Karaf

My Route is:
<camel:route>
<camel:from uri="file:///test/data/smpp?move=/test/done/${file:name}" />
<!-- camel:convertBodyTo type="java.io.InputStream"/-->
<camel:unmarshal ref="jsonMessage" />
<camel:process ref="messageSaver" />
<camel:to uri="activemq:queue:sms.in" />
</camel:route>

When dropping a file into the incoming directory, I see the following in the
logs:

org.apache.camel.InvalidPayloadException: No body available of type:
java.io.InputStream but has value:
GenericFile[/test/data/smpp/sms-test1.msg] of type:
org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFile on: GenericFileMessage with
file: GenericFile[/test/data/smpp/sms-test1.msg]. Caused by: No type
converter available to convert from type:
org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFile to the required type:
java.io.InputStream with value GenericFile[/test/data/smpp/sms-test1.msg] on
the exchange: Exchange[GenericFileMessage with file:
GenericFile[/test/data/smpp/sms-test1.msg]]

I've tried to run it with or without the explicit convertBodyTo element,
same message either way. I've also ensured that org.apache.camel.converter
and org.apache.camel.converter.stream are explicitly imported into my bundle
with the camel-context.

Any ideas what is causing this?

  • Claus Ibsen at Dec 10, 2009 at 8:48 am

[...]

    And you got the camel-osgi.jar on the classpath, errrhhhh installed as
    a bundle? And the order its installed may also matter, e.g. install it
    as once of the first camel bundles.

    Claus Ibsen
    Apache Camel Committer

    Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

groupusers @
categoriescamel
postedDec 9, '09 at 11:11p
activeDec 10, '09 at 8:48a
websitecamel.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Claus Ibsen: 1 post Pete Mueller: 1 post