I have configured a spring bean as a consumer of a message queue. It contains
one method, annotated @Transactional.

Camel throws an AmbiguousMethodCallException. "Ambiguous method invocations
possible [..] public final void
com..TransactionService$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$273a5668.setPrefiltered(boolean)
[..]".

Apparently CGLIB adds a bunch of methods, confusing Camel.

Even if I add the @Handler annotation the error is thrown.

How can I fix this?

  • Claus Ibsen at Nov 24, 2009 at 2:05 pm

    I have configured a spring bean as a consumer of a message queue. It contains
    one method, annotated @Transactional.

    Camel throws an AmbiguousMethodCallException. "Ambiguous method invocations
    possible [..] public final void
    com..TransactionService$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$273a5668.setPrefiltered(boolean)
    [..]".

    Apparently CGLIB adds a bunch of methods, confusing Camel.

    Even if I add the @Handler annotation the error is thrown.

    How can I fix this?
    Ah cool, lets fix it together :)

    There is a methodName you can use to indicate the method to use.

    But I guess we should add those CGLIB enhanced classes to the excluded list.
    Let me fix some code and if you can test with a SNAPSHOT of 2.1 that
    would be cool.

    Claus Ibsen
    Apache Camel Committer

    Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus
  • Claus Ibsen at Nov 24, 2009 at 2:12 pm
    Hi

    I have created a ticket

    Feel free to create a small sample application that demonstrates this
    issue. That can be used to help fix it and as an unit test for the
    future.

    I have configured a spring bean as a consumer of a message queue. It contains
    one method, annotated @Transactional.

    Camel throws an AmbiguousMethodCallException. "Ambiguous method invocations
    possible [..] public final void
    com..TransactionService$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$273a5668.setPrefiltered(boolean)
    [..]".

    Apparently CGLIB adds a bunch of methods, confusing Camel.

    Even if I add the @Handler annotation the error is thrown.

    How can I fix this?

    Claus Ibsen
    Apache Camel Committer

    Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus
  • Kees de Kooter at Nov 24, 2009 at 2:35 pm
    Thanks for creating the ticket Claus. I have added a code snippet and a stack
    trace to the issue.

    Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
    Hi

    I have created a ticket

    Feel free to create a small sample application that demonstrates this
    issue. That can be used to help fix it and as an unit test for the
    future.
  • Claus Ibsen at Nov 24, 2009 at 2:41 pm

    Thanks for creating the ticket Claus. I have added a code snippet and a stack
    trace to the issue.
    Which version of Camel are you using?

    I have fixed several bugs in it for 2.1 so it may already work in 2.1.
    Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
    Hi

    I have created a ticket

    Feel free to create a small sample application that demonstrates this
    issue. That can be used to help fix it and as an unit test for the
    future.

    Claus Ibsen
    Apache Camel Committer

    Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus
  • Claus Ibsen at Nov 24, 2009 at 5:07 pm

    Thanks for creating the ticket Claus. I have added a code snippet and a stack
    trace to the issue.
    Which version of Camel are you using?

    I have fixed several bugs in it for 2.1 so it may already work in 2.1.
    For listeners. Kees have confirmed it works in 2.1 and that he used 2.0.0.

    --
    Claus Ibsen
    Apache Camel Committer

    Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

groupusers @
categoriescamel
postedNov 24, '09 at 1:54p
activeNov 24, '09 at 5:07p
websitecamel.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Claus Ibsen: 4 posts Kees de Kooter: 2 posts