Grokbase Groups Camel users June 2009
Hello.
I can't figure out how to consume advisory messges in camel.
Using simple java code I would use AdvisoryConsumer that can provide me
details about the advisory message (Advisory type).
Simply consuming
from("activemq:topic:ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Queue.MyQueue").to(someprocess())
doesn't help me figure out the Advisory type.
Is it supported ?
Thanks.

  • Claus Ibsen at Jun 15, 2009 at 2:46 pm
    I can't figure out how to consume advisory messges in camel.
    Using simple java code I would use AdvisoryConsumer that can provide me
    details about the advisory message (Advisory type).
    Simply consuming
    from("activemq:topic:ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Queue.MyQueue").to(someprocess())
    doesn't help me figure out the Advisory type.
    Is it supported ?
    Hi

    What happens when you consume this advisor queue?

    Camel is basically just leveraging Spring JMS. So if you could get it
    to work with plain Spring JMS then we have something to look into.
    But to my knowledge there is no special code in there to support Advisory.

    Thanks.

    Claus Ibsen
    Apache Camel Committer

    Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus
  • Eric Bouer at Jun 16, 2009 at 2:46 pm
    Thanks Claus.
    This appears to be a very minor issue and not a problem as I thought it was,
    I was looking for direct access to AdvisorySupport Like I do with
    traditional AMQ client:
    Destination advisoryDestination =
    AdvisorySupport.getProducerAdvisoryTopic(destination)
    Spring JMS is a solution, I'm wondering if there is another more integrated
    way of doing so.

    Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
    I can't figure out how to consume advisory messges in camel.
    Using simple java code I would use AdvisoryConsumer that can provide me
    details about the advisory message (Advisory type).
    Simply consuming
    from("activemq:topic:ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Queue.MyQueue").to(someprocess())
    doesn't help me figure out the Advisory type.
    Is it supported ?
    Hi

    What happens when you consume this advisor queue?

    Camel is basically just leveraging Spring JMS. So if you could get it
    to work with plain Spring JMS then we have something to look into.
    But to my knowledge there is no special code in there to support Advisory.

    Thanks.

    Nabble.com.

    --
    Claus Ibsen
    Apache Camel Committer

    Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus
  • Claus Ibsen at Jun 16, 2009 at 2:57 pm
    This appears to be a very minor issue and not a problem as I thought it was,
    I was looking for direct access to AdvisorySupport Like I do with
    traditional AMQ client:
    Destination advisoryDestination =
    AdvisorySupport.getProducerAdvisoryTopic(destination)
    Spring JMS is a solution, I'm wondering if there is another more integrated
    way of doing so.
    There is a camel-activemq.jar to be used from Camel to use activemq
    over the generic camel-jms.jar
    So its possible to add features to this .jar for the advisory.

    However this .jar is in the AMQ project so I think you should get in
    touch with this project as well.
    To get their views on this.

    Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
[...]

  • Claus Ibsen at Aug 28, 2009 at 5:26 pm
    Hi

    Check this blog entry
    http://erichauser.net/2009/08/27/groovy-and-camel-for-monitoring-activemq/

    I can't figure out how to consume advisory messges in camel.
    Using simple java code I would use AdvisoryConsumer that can provide me
    details about the advisory message (Advisory type).
    Simply consuming
    from("activemq:topic:ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Queue.MyQueue").to(someprocess())
    doesn't help me figure out the Advisory type.
    Is it supported ?
    Thanks.

    Claus Ibsen
    Apache Camel Committer

    Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

groupusers @
categoriescamel
postedJun 11, '09 at 2:43p
activeAug 28, '09 at 5:26p
websitecamel.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Claus Ibsen: 3 posts Eric Bouer: 2 posts