Grokbase Groups Camel dev July 2014
When using camel-splunk consumer component I noticed that when large amount
of splunk
events is returned in a single poll it runs out of memory, because it
collects all polled results
into an array list.

To remedy this I added optional streaming support to the camel-splunk
consumer:

https://github.com/dmitrimedvedev/camel/commit/7e4b5e9b206c7a969e6012d9afa40ac7024ee515

Does it look correct? and if yes, how do I go about contributing this patch?

Thanks,

Dmitri

  • Willem Jiang at Jul 23, 2014 at 3:14 am
    You can fill a JIRA[1] and send a pull request from your github with the comment of the JIRA number. In this way, the pull request and JIRA can be linked together.

    BTW, I just had a quick look of your code, and added a comment for it.

    [1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL

    --
    Willem Jiang

    Red Hat, Inc.
    Web: http://www.redhat.com
    http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
    Twitter: willemjiang
    Weibo: 姜宁willem

    When using camel-splunk consumer component I noticed that when large amount
    of splunk
    events is returned in a single poll it runs out of memory, because it
    collects all polled results
    into an array list.

    To remedy this I added optional streaming support to the camel-splunk
    consumer:

    https://github.com/dmitrimedvedev/camel/commit/7e4b5e9b206c7a969e6012d9afa40ac7024ee515

    Does it look correct? and if yes, how do I go about contributing this patch?

    Thanks,

    Dmitri

  • Dmitrimedvedev at Jul 23, 2014 at 4:57 pm
    Willem, thanks for reviewing it and for the comment.
    I implemented your suggestion, created a jira and referenced the patch.