Hi

I have create a component page at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Splunk for the splunk
component.

At the bottom of the page I reference some features in Splunk (jmx app.)
that is not part of the component itself, but could be useful for users.
Is that ok, or would that be regarded as advertising that should be left out
?

I would also like to include a dashboard example like this
https://github.com/pax95/camel-splunk/wiki/Splunk-dashboard-example
But for the same reason as above, I want to make sure it is not violating
Apache rules.

Best,
Preben

  • Claus Ibsen at Oct 15, 2013 at 6:24 am

    At the bottom of the page I reference some features in Splunk (jmx app.)
    that is not part of the component itself, but could be useful for users.
    Is that ok, or would that be regarded as advertising that should be left out
    ?
    Yeah maybe have a section titled - Further Readings or something that
    indicate more information elsewhere.

    I would also like to include a dashboard example like this
    https://github.com/pax95/camel-splunk/wiki/Splunk-dashboard-example
    But for the same reason as above, I want to make sure it is not violating
    Apache rules.
    Yeah you can attach a file to the wiki page, and refer to the file as
    an image. There is some wiki syntax for that.

    Maybe resize the image so its not a very large image to load / see.

    Best,
    Preben

    Claus Ibsen
    -----------------
    Red Hat, Inc.
    Email: cibsen@redhat.com
    Twitter: davsclaus
    Blog: http://davsclaus.com

groupdev @
categoriescamel
postedOct 14, '13 at 3:26p
activeOct 15, '13 at 6:24a
websitecamel.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Claus Ibsen: 1 post Preben.Asmussen: 1 post