-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0-RC1 (2nd attempt)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 23:09:41 -0400
From: Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com>
To: private@camel.apache.org
A new release candidate apache-camel-2.9.0-RC1 is out with approximately
304 issues resolved so far: improvements and bug fixes [1].

Please find the staging repo here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-131/

The tarballs are here
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-131/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.9.0-RC1/

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.9.0-RC1/

Please review, help out with testing and vote to approve this release
binary. Your vote counts!

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.9.0-RC1
Vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Here's my +1
Hadrian

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12316374

Search Discussions

  • Hadrian Zbarcea at Nov 1, 2011 at 1:02 pm
    As in the previous RC there are 2 snapshot versions used in the karaf
    features that are not yet released by the SMX project.

    * cometd-java-server-bundle=2.3.1_1-SNAPSHOT
    * quickfix-bundle=1.5.1_1-SNAPSHOT

    Given the fact that this is not the final 2.9.0 release, I think it
    should be ok and it's more important to put this release in the hands of
    users to test it out and get it stabilized for the final 2.9.0. If
    anybody has a different opinion, I'll be more than happy to redo this RC.

    Thanks,
    Hadrian

[...]

  • Willem Jiang at Nov 1, 2011 at 1:06 pm
    I think it should be OK, if we add a release note for it.
    And We can fix it in the GA which will be out in few weeks.

    --
    Willem
    ----------------------------------

    As in the previous RC there are 2 snapshot versions used in the karaf
    features that are not yet released by the SMX project.

    * cometd-java-server-bundle=2.3.1_1-SNAPSHOT
    * quickfix-bundle=1.5.1_1-SNAPSHOT
    I have asked Jean to publish the bundles to Maven central, as the VOTE
    is over and passed.
    So these SNAPSHOT are soon released.

    Given the fact that this is not the final 2.9.0 release, I think it should
    be ok and it's more important to put this release in the hands of users to
    test it out and get it stabilized for the final 2.9.0. If anybody has a
    different opinion, I'll be more than happy to redo this RC.
    I also fixed an unit test in camel-smpp that would constantly fail.
    That's the only change on trunk since the RC.

    So if its very fast to re-cut a RC then when Jean confirm the bundles
    is in central.
    We could possible upgrade those SNAPSHOT and re-cut.

    But still I am also OK with the current RC to give the community time
    to test it.

    Thanks,
    Hadrian

[...]

    -----------------
    FuseSource
    Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
    Web: http://fusesource.com
    Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
    Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
  • Hadrian Zbarcea at Nov 1, 2011 at 2:13 pm
    Ok, let's redo it then. It's only one extra day. If there are any other
    fixes that need to go in and I should wait for please let me know. Other
    than that it'd be good to avoid any commits that are larger in scope.

    I'll wait a couple of hours for other opinions and unless anybody thinks
    otherwise I'll cancel the vote and drop the tag and artifacts. I plan to
    restart the builds tomorrow afternoon (evening in EU) when the
    likelihood of commits is lower.

    Thanks,
    Hadrian
[...]

  • Claus Ibsen at Nov 1, 2011 at 7:04 pm

    Ok, let's redo it then. It's only one extra day. If there are any other
    fixes that need to go in and I should wait for please let me know. Other
    than that it'd be good to avoid any commits that are larger in scope.

    I'll wait a couple of hours for other opinions and unless anybody thinks
    otherwise I'll cancel the vote and drop the tag and artifacts. I plan to
    restart the builds tomorrow afternoon (evening in EU) when the likelihood of
    commits is lower.
    I have committed the SNAPSHOT updates in the features, so we should be
    all set now.

    Thanks,
    Hadrian
[...]

groupdev @