Grokbase Groups Avro user March 2011
Hello Fellow Hadoopists,

We are meeting at 7:15 PM April 21st at the

University Heights Community Center
5031 University Way NE
Seattle WA 98105
Room #110

The meetings are informal and highly conversational. If you have
questions about Hadoop and map reduce this is a great
place to ask them.

Sean Jensen-Grey seanj@seattlehadoop.org
Chris Wilkes cwilkes@seattlehadoop.org

Sean & Chris

Seattle Hadoop Distributing Computing User Meeting
Bringing Hadoopists Together On the 3rd
Thursday of the Month

We focus predominately on distributed data
processing using a map reduce style. The meetings
are open to all and free of charge.

When: Thursday April 21st, 7:00 pm room, 7:15 start - 8:45
Where: University Heights Community Center, Room 110

Outline for April 21st:

Serialization Super Special!

We will cover Avro the up and coming cross platform
data serialization and RPC mechanism targeted at
Hadoop.

The use of Avro both simplifies and accelerates the
Hadoop workflow by making the inputs and the outputs
to your mappers and reducers more tractable. By
coaelescing many small files into Avro records the
job processing time becomes shorter.

The current outline:

Avro Schema definition and the design of quality
long term data structures.

Examples of reading and writing Avro files in
Java, Python and C

Writing Mapreduce jobs that operate over Avro
files using the AvroMapper and AvroReducer.

Please sign up for the announce list @ seattlehadoop.org for late
breaking meetings information and post meeting communication.

Subscribe via email

seattlehadoop-announce+subscribe@googlegroups.com

or

http://groups.google.com/group/seattlehadoop-announce