Hi All,

I work for Oracle, India. I deployed Oracle Access Manager Webgate
module on Apache 2 Server which provides single sign-on solution.
I also configured Apache 2 server in SSL mode on Solaris 10 and enabled
hardware acceleration by setting "SSLCryptoDevice" to "pkcs11".
When CGI script is accessed using the above configuration, then the
Apache Server hangs and the script does not get executed.
The issue is not seen when Apache 2 server is configured in non-SSL
mode. Also, the issue is not seen when "SSLCryptoDevice" is set to
"built-in".

Please let me know if it is a known issue.

Thanks,
Garima Goel

  • Igor Galić at Nov 29, 2011 at 10:14 am

    I work for Oracle, India. I deployed Oracle Access Manager Webgate
    module on Apache 2 Server which provides single sign-on solution.
    I also configured Apache 2 server in SSL mode on Solaris 10 and
    enabled

    "Apache 2" is a bit vague.. Can you say exactly which version it is
    and where the build is from or if you built it yourself, how?
    (httpd -V should help to cover most of those questions :)
    hardware acceleration by setting "SSLCryptoDevice" to "pkcs11".
    When CGI script is accessed using the above configuration, then the
    Apache Server hangs and the script does not get executed.
    Can you run httpd in single-threaded (Debug) mode and try see what
    it, or its CGI, does when accessed?

    (And by "see", I mean truss, DTrace, or similar..)
    The issue is not seen when Apache 2 server is configured in non-SSL
    mode. Also, the issue is not seen when "SSLCryptoDevice" is set to
    "built-in".

    Please let me know if it is a known issue.

    Thanks,
    Garima Goel
    Igor Galić

    Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
    Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org
    GPG: 6880 4155 74BD FD7C B515 2EA5 4B1D 9E08 A097 C9AE

  • Garima goel at Nov 29, 2011 at 10:18 am
    Hi Igor,

    I am talking about Apache 2.0.63 bundled with Solaris 10. In
    Single-threaded mode, the CGI script gets executed properly.

    Thanks,
    Garima

[...]

  • Rainer Jung at Dec 4, 2011 at 6:41 pm

    I work for Oracle, India. I deployed Oracle Access Manager Webgate
    module on Apache 2 Server which provides single sign-on solution.
    I also configured Apache 2 server in SSL mode on Solaris 10 and enabled
    hardware acceleration by setting "SSLCryptoDevice" to "pkcs11".
    When CGI script is accessed using the above configuration, then the
    Apache Server hangs and the script does not get executed.
    The issue is not seen when Apache 2 server is configured in non-SSL
    mode. Also, the issue is not seen when "SSLCryptoDevice" is set to
    "built-in".
    Use Solaris pstack and check, where the process that handles the request
    hangs. You mind need to go through all of the Apache processes to find
    the correct one (or use pfiles first to find the one that's connected to
    the client).

    Regards,

    Rainer