Hi.
I am trying to enable mod_cache in one apache in ubuntu-server (2.2.14) that acts like a proxy for another apaches.
My first question is:
¿Is mod_mem_cache indicated for a proxy of apaches or it should be mod_disk_cache?

Finally I enabled mod_mem_cache as the doc seems to say:

- Simple I edit /etc/apache2/mods-available/mem_cache.conf  with:

<IfModule mod_mem_cache.c>
CacheEnable mem /
MCacheSize 4096
MCacheMaxObjectCount 100
MCacheMinObjectSize 1
MCacheMaxObjectSize 2048
</IfModule>

and enable modules and restart apache:
# a2enmod cache
# a2enmod mem_cache
# /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

My second question is:
It is so easy like this to configure mem_cache in a "apache that act as proxy for another apaches" (only editing the mem_cache.conf file) for manage all the another apaches that are managed by this proxy-apache?...or I must set one configuration like this, per proxy defined like virtualhost in /etc/apache2/sites-available dir?

For example, in /etc/apache2/sites-available/webserver1:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass / http://192.168.X.XX/
ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.X.XX/
ServerName blabla.com
</VirtualHost>

<IfModule mod_mem_cache.c>
CacheEnable mem /
MCacheSize 4096
MCacheMaxObjectCount 100
MCacheMinObjectSize 1
MCacheMaxObjectSize 2048
</IfModule>

- in /etc/apache2/sites-available/webserver2:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass / http://192.168.X.XX/
ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.X.XX/
ServerName blabla.com
</VirtualHost>

<IfModule mod_mem_cache.c>
CacheEnable mem /
MCacheSize 4096
MCacheMaxObjectCount 100
MCacheMinObjectSize 1
MCacheMaxObjectSize 2048
</IfModule>

etc, etc.

Or it is enough with sepecify it in the /etc/apache2/mods-available/mem_cache.conf for all the proxy apaches to star being cahed by my 'proxy-apache'

Thank you

Gonzalo