Grokbase Groups Apache users May 2011
Hoping that someone may have seen this before. We have Apache setup as a
reverse proxy behind the public public internet. Very basic setup. Clients
connect from the public internet through firewall to the Apache HTTP server
that is reverse proxying the requests to our application servers.

Intermittently, we see a situation where the client reports a connect or
read timeout exception. In all cases, the Apache log shows the transaction
processed, returned a 200 status code and completed within a second or two.

I'm not suggesting that its an Apache problem, but wondering, generally if
anyone else has seen this and is there anything I can do to help alleviate?

Seems strange that the client waits longer than what Apache is reporting it
took for it to process, that is reports sending back the response but the
client never got it.

Thanks to anyone...