We have a web server that is behind an apache server that uses mod_proxy in a reverse proxy configuration. There is a business requirement that the backend application see the actual client IP address, not the proxy IP. Is there a configuration setting to allow that?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey Poling
System Administrator | Information Systems
Moody Bible Institute
820 N. LaSalle Blvd., Chicago, IL 60610
312-329-8968
www.moodyministries.net<http://www.moodyministries.net>
From the Word. To Life.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Montague at Mar 14, 2011 at 8:05 pm

    We have a web server that is behind an apache server that uses
    mod_proxy in a reverse proxy configuration. There is a business
    requirement that the backend application see the actual client IP
    address, not the proxy IP. Is there a configuration setting to allow
    that?
    The backend will always see the client IP address, which is passed to
    the backend in the X-Forwarded-For HTTP header. See
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#x-headers

    This only applies if the backend is using HTTP to talk to the proxy. If
    the backend is using some other protocol, let us know what it is.

    --
    Mark Montague
    mark@catseye.org

groupusers @
categoriesapache
postedMar 14, '11 at 7:33p
activeMar 14, '11 at 8:05p
websitehttpd.apache.org
irc#httpd

2 users in discussion

Jeff Poling: 1 post Mark Montague: 1 post