I am having some applications which I have not developed.
The names are
docebolms http://www.dokeos.com/
efront http://www.efrontlearning.net/
dokeos http://www.dokeos.com/
claroline http://www.claroline.net/
atutor http://www.atutor.ca/
olat http://www.olat.org/website/en/html/index.html
sakai http://sakaiproject.org/

Downloaded from internet.All these are web based.
I am having Ubuntu 10.04 as setup
I have tested all these applications by installing them on the server
separately i.e. copied
application in /var/www and then accessed on LAN all worked fine each
time I formatted the server and had a new installation of Operating
System.

Now I want all of them to be present on the same server and wish they
can be accessed behind a reverse proxy from internet.

I kept them in
/var/www as
/var/www/application1
/var/www/application2
/var/www/application3
/var/www/application4

http://myserver.com/application1
http://myserver.com/application2
http://myserver.com/application3
http://myserver.com/application4

setting up of a ReverseProxy
so that

ProxyPass /application1 http://myserver.com/application1
ProxyPassReversr /application1 http://myserver.com/application1

ProxyPass /application2 http://myserver.com/application2
ProxyPassReversr /application2 http://myserver.com/application2

ProxyPass /application3 http://myserver.com/application3
ProxyPassReversr /application3 http://myserver.com/application3

ProxyPass /application4 http://myserver.com/application4
ProxyPassReversr /application4 http://myserver.com/application4

some how this did not worked and applications could not be accessed

Here are apache headers

http://pastebin.com/NgR7qhFB
If some one can give me some clue as how should I go for setting them
or a VirtualHost do I need to create a separate vhost file for each of
these applications.

--
Tapas

  • Tom Evans at Jul 13, 2010 at 1:55 pm

[...]

    Another week, another 'explain reverse proxying to Tapas again'
    thread. Can you not go through your email and re-read one of the dozen
    of explanations you have had in the last month on how this works?

    Personally, I think I've explained it as well as I can, but if someone
    else fancies explaining it to you again, they would probably like to
    see your actual configuration and a better explanation of what didn't
    work better than 'somehow didnt work'. In other words something like
    this:

    I have an application running on 192.168.1.10:8080/fooapp/
    I have a reverse proxy configured to proxy to this fooapp instance,
    and here is the config file.
    When I try to access the file '/fooapp/media/base.css' through the
    proxy, I get a 404 not found.
    Here are the log entries generated in the proxy's access_log for this
    single request
    Here are the log entries generated in the proxy's error_log for this
    single request
    Here are the log entries generated by the applications access log.

    Show what actually happened in your scenario, because the information
    you have given so far is useless.

    Cheers

    Tom

  • Tapas Mishra at Jul 13, 2010 at 3:36 pm
    Ok I am giving you the configuration
    2 Servers A and B
    A (public IP)
    B (LAN where all these applications are hosted)

    we want people from internet to be able to access applications on B
    as
    http://mydomain.com/claroline
    http://mydomain.com/dokebolms
    http://mydomain.com/doceolms
    and the main site
    http://mydomain.com/
    also

    so definition of

    vhost configuration Server A front end to all this system
    http://pastebin.com/8kkUJttH

    then
    Vhost Dokeos on B
    http://pastebin.com/dMAwyz5u

    Vhost definition of Docebolms on B
    http://pastebin.com/JQCmN5mZ

    Vhost definition of Claroline on B
    http://pastebin.com/1Dn2mFPp

    Vhost definition of
    default site mydomain.com on B which is always served even if I do not want it
    http://pastebin.com/tyTCqQvi

    following are response headers when I try to access http://mydomain.com
    http://pastebin.com/zUR2cxBi

    Response headers when I try to access dokeos as
    http://mydomain.com/dokeos
    following are response headers
    http://pastebin.com/WAUjTyzc

    Response headers when I try to access docebolms as
    http://mydomain.com/docebolms
    following are response headers
    http://pastebin.com/zmNFLsEJ

    Response headers when I try to access claroline from internet as
    http://mydomain.com/claroline
    following are response headers
    http://pastebin.com/Kah5N21j

  • Tom Evans at Jul 13, 2010 at 3:44 pm

    B (LAN where all these applications are hosted)
    Log entries? From A and B.

  • Tapas Mishra at Jul 13, 2010 at 4:44 pm
    Server A access log of http://mydomain.com
    http://pastebin.com/XMgZHCTi

    Server A error log http://mydomain.com
    http://pastebin.com/xkrEnwQ3

    Server B

    docebolms access log http://mydomain.com/docebolms
    http://pastebin.com/2tTJazgr

    docebolms error log http://mydomain.com/docebolms
    http://pastebin.com/RzihK170

    claroline access log on B http://mydomain.com/claroline
    is blank
    claroline error log on B is blank

    dokeos access log on server B is blank http://mydomain.com/dokeos
    and similarly dokeos error log on server B is blank

    --
    Tapas

  • Tapas Mishra at Jul 14, 2010 at 6:36 am
    Any guesses now I have given all the response headers,logs and server
    configurations
    or any mistake in configurations on my side.

  • Tom Evans at Jul 14, 2010 at 8:54 am