I'm setting up a site that will have some access controls. I know that
user credentials can be held in a .htpasswd file, however I would like
to use a database, specifically a MySQL database, to hold user
credentials.
Is it possible to just setup a .htaccess that tells Apache to use a
database or are additional things needed, like a 3rd party module?
I have access to apache 1.3.37 and 2.2.8 .

Thanks

  • Res at Jun 12, 2008 at 3:56 am