Hello

I try to list the content of a VirtualHost (with the directive Options
Indexes) on apache 2.0.52 (on centos 4) but only some subdirectories
appear.

All the subdirectories that have a <Directory > directive inside the
<Vitualhost > in httpd.conf are not listed.
Some have a <Directory > section to enable a basic authentification on
those folders.
So only the files which are not protected do appear on
the listing.... and I want ALL the files and folders on the listing !

The behaviour was not the same on apache 1.3.27 : all the directories
were listed.
A lot of users (on google...) seem to have the same problem, but i have not
found a valuable solution.

Is it a bug or a new feature in v 2.0.52 ?

thanks for your answer.

Laetitia

  • Joshua Slive at Mar 15, 2007 at 1:35 pm

    I try to list the content of a VirtualHost (with the directive Options
    Indexes) on apache 2.0.52 (on centos 4) but only some subdirectories
    appear.

    All the subdirectories that have a <Directory > directive inside the
    <Vitualhost > in httpd.conf are not listed.
    Some have a <Directory > section to enable a basic authentification on
    those folders.
    So only the files which are not protected do appear on
    the listing.... and I want ALL the files and folders on the listing !

    The behaviour was not the same on apache 1.3.27 : all the directories
    were listed.
    A lot of users (on google...) seem to have the same problem, but i have not
    found a valuable solution.

    Is it a bug or a new feature in v 2.0.52 ?
    Hmmm... My hint on the bug database wasn't enough?

    It is a security feature designed to prevent the disclosure of
    protected resources.

    It can be turned off in recent versions (2.0.52 probably doesn't
    count) using the IndexOptions directive: specifically the
    ShowForbidden option.

    Joshua.