1) First issue

The httpd.default.conf sugests to use the following code:

<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>

But if I have 2 partitions in Windows (C: and E:) with specific folders
published in httpd.conf Apache2, should I use the following instead?

<Directory "C:/">
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory "E:/">
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>

2) Second issue

Consider the following configuration:

<Directory />
Options None
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Directory>
<Directory /test>
Allow from my.intranet
</Directory>

Can I consider the upper folder configuration to apply for /test?

I confess I am lazy about reading the Apache manual. But I will only have time
to read the manual after 1st oct.

Cheers,

Júlio Maranhão

  • Boyle Owen at Sep 27, 2006 at 7:23 am