<Directory "/opt/hpws/apache/htdocs">
All -
Few days I had posted the same to pull up error log form remote server .
When I configured for local error file client did not agree. Since this is
form one of the security server form where directions are fetched.

Now my issue is when I edit httpd.conf with the following lines it says
directory not closed?????

Please direct me.

AuthType Basic
AuthName "RoboTask Password Required"
AuthUserFile /opt/hpws/apache/passwd/passwords
AuthGroupFile /opt/hpws/apache/conf/groups
require group 272users
ErrorDocument 401 "<html> \
<head> \
<title>Error logging in</title> \
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> \
window.location="http://xxxxxxx.xxx.com:82/error.html"; \
</script> \
</head> \
<h1> Sorry, no go!!!! \
</h1> \
</Directory>

Thanks
Balanand Pinni

  • PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI) at Nov 18, 2003 at 7:10 pm
[...]

  • Joshua Slive at Nov 18, 2003 at 7:33 pm

    Few days I had posted the same to pull up error log form remote server .
    When I configured for local error file client did not agree. Since this is
    form one of the security server form where directions are fetched.
    I can't parse this last sentence at all. It doesn't make sense
    gramatically.

    As I said, there is almost surely a better solution to whatever problem
    you have but ...
    Now my issue is when I edit httpd.conf with the following lines it says
    directory not closed?????
    </Directory>
    The back-slash indicates that the directive continues onto the next line.
    So you've grabbed the </Directory> to be part of the ErrorDocument
    directive. Remove that last slash.

    Joshua.

  • John P. Dodge at Nov 18, 2003 at 7:44 pm