I get the error below with an Ant skript I wrote.
I already did some googling and found out, that the problem lies with
strings containing \u, which happens under Windows because of the directory
separator. I changed all those to / but the error remains.
There are definitely no remaining \u strings in my script.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Malformed \uxxxx encoding.
The error occurs when executing the propertyfile task, so I examined the
file I want to change. This on the other hand contains multiple \u strings.
The file has no relation to ant though, it's a borland project file (xml)
which contains one line like [someParameter]=[someValue].
I just want to increase [someValue] by 1.
So my question is:
Can the property file I want to change cause the error mentioned
and if the answer is "yes",
What can I do, *other than* doing it with a regex task (like finding the
line, propertyregex-ing the value, math+1 the value and regex-replacing the
Unfortunately I have no influence on the property file, other than the