Ximin

--
GPG: 4096R/5FBBDBCE

  • Stefan Bodewig at Oct 8, 2010 at 12:26 pm

    On 2010-10-08, Ximin Luo wrote:

    We're currently using the bzip2/tar libraries from org.apache.tools in our
    project, but I've just come across the org.apache.commons.compress library,
    which seems to contain pretty much the same code.
    commons-compress also contains code for CPIO and AR.
    Which version is newer, or more actively maintained?
    I am a committer to both projects and merge bug fixes and features that
    would be useful to Ant from commons-compress. So for zip, bzip2 and tar
    they are more or less the same, but commons-compress is definitively
    more active and has shorter release cycles.

    In at least one case I've told a person filing a bug report against
    Ant's classes to use commons-compress instead. The classes that ship as
    part of Ant have never been designed for any usecase other than what Ant
    needed.

    Stefan