Grokbase Groups Ant user March 2010

i want to access a IBM DataPower xml management interface
from within ant to send status and configuration requests
via soap messages.
Has anyone experience with such a setting ?

@IBM site only has an article that uses curl and openssl
as external commands called with exec from ant =
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0904_rasmussen/0904_rasmussen.html
But i prefer a solution, where all tasks are running in jvm,
there are java apis for soap, f.e. JAX-WS 2.0 or Apache Axis

Are there any ant tasks in the wild for that purpose ?
Need to know which tools will do the job.
Some keywords =
http post, base64 encoding, soap, ssl, basic authentication

Any hints on that ?

Regards, Gilbert

  • Antoine Levy-Lambert at Mar 16, 2010 at 1:02 am
    Hello Gilbert,

    Does IBM not provide a JMX java api for DataPower ? I have never used
    DataPower, but I have created ant tasks wrapping around the JMX APIs of
    WebSphere (to do tasks like deploying a ear file or restarting servers
    or clusters).

    It could be similar. What I did is only working in an IBM JVM though,
    and the classpath setup is special (you have to load all the IBM
    libraries that you use and your custom ant task on the system
    classloader or something like that when you use SSL to connect).

    Regards,

    Antoine

    Gilbert Rebhan wrote:
    Hi,

    i want to access a IBM DataPower xml management interface
    from within ant to send status and configuration requests
    via soap messages.
    Has anyone experience with such a setting ?

    @IBM site only has an article that uses curl and openssl
    as external commands called with exec from ant =
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0904_rasmussen/0904_rasmussen.html
    But i prefer a solution, where all tasks are running in jvm,
    there are java apis for soap, f.e. JAX-WS 2.0 or Apache Axis

    Are there any ant tasks in the wild for that purpose ?
    Need to know which tools will do the job.
    Some keywords =
    http post, base64 encoding, soap, ssl, basic authentication

    Any hints on that ?

    Regards, Gilbert

  • Gilbert Rebhan at Mar 17, 2010 at 7:49 pm