Grokbase Groups Ant user August 2009
Hello everyone,

Ant's <propertyfile> task allows to update a file's properties, but
how do you _remove_ a property from a file?

The problem is that the number and name of properties in the file is
arbitrary... And while I could use external tools for it, I'd rather
not. Is there a "pure" ant solution?

--

Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM

  • Ognjen Blagojevic at Aug 20, 2009 at 9:33 am

    Francis GALIEGUE wrote:
    Hello everyone,

    Ant's <propertyfile> task allows to update a file's properties, but
    how do you _remove_ a property from a file?

    The problem is that the number and name of properties in the file is
    arbitrary... And while I could use external tools for it, I'd rather
    not. Is there a "pure" ant solution?
    Using replaceregexp?

    -Ognjen

  • Jan Materne at Aug 20, 2009 at 1:04 pm

    Ant's <propertyfile> task allows to update a file's properties, but
    how do you _remove_ a property from a file?

    The problem is that the number and name of properties in the file is
    arbitrary... And while I could use external tools for it, I'd rather
    not. Is there a "pure" ant solution?
    Using replaceregexp?

    I added that as <propertyfile><entry operation="del"/> in revision
    806154.

    Jan

  • Francis GALIEGUE at Aug 25, 2009 at 12:35 pm
    I added that as <propertyfile><entry operation="del"/> in revision
    806154.
    I don't know the release schedule for Ant. What version will this
    revision be available into, and when can I expect it?

    Thanks in advance,
    --

    Francis Galiegue
    ONE2TEAM

  • Jan Materne at Aug 25, 2009 at 12:47 pm

    I added that as <propertyfile><entry operation="del"/> in revision
    806154.
    I don't know the release schedule for Ant. What version will this
    revision be available into, and when can I expect it?

    Good news: Stefan has volunteered to be the release manager and he is
    working
    on that. So I would expect a release (with a very large safety belt)
    during
    the next 3months.

    Jan