Grokbase Groups Ant user October 2005
Hello guys,
I am trying to install ant on a AIX 5.2 and i can not even untar the distribution(binary one).
Any clue?Is is a matter of GNU tar?
Hind Lwahhabi.

  • Steve Loughran at Oct 11, 2005 at 3:58 pm

    hind.lwahhabi@accenture.com wrote:
    Hello guys,
    I am trying to install ant on a AIX 5.2 and i can not even untar the distribution(binary one).
    Any clue?Is is a matter of GNU tar?
    yes, aix, like solaris and hpus has an old broken tar implementation
    from AT&T, that cannot handle long filenames.

    this should be covered in the ant documentation.