Grokbase Groups Ant user June 2005
The following script start and stops JBOSS . But the target jboss.start
is successful before the server is actually started. Is there a way to
make the target

Successful only when it is actually started .

Eager to receive the newgroup comments.

<project name="JBOSSSCRIPT" default="jboss.start" basedir=".">

<property name="jdk.home" value="/usr/java" />

<property name="jboss.home" value="/opt/jboss" />

<property name="jboss.host" value="dbaweb" />

<property name="jboss.port" value="1100" />

<property name="jboss.app.port" value="9080" />

<property name="deploy.configuration" value="BaseServer" />

<property name="deploy.configuration.dir"
value="/opt/jboss/server/${deploy.configuration}/conf" />

<target name="jboss.start" description="Start the JBoss server.">

<java dir="${deploy.configuration.dir}" classname="org.jboss.Main"
fork="true" spawn="true">

<arg line="-c ${deploy.configuration}"/>

<jvmarg value="-Xms32m"/>

<jvmarg value="-Xmx200m"/>

<classpath>

<pathelement path="${jboss.home}/bin/run.jar"/>

<pathelement path="${jdk.home}/lib/tools.jar"/>

</classpath>

</java>

</target>

<target name="jboss.stop" description="Stop the JBoss server.">

<echo>${deploy.configuration.dir}</echo>

<java dir="${deploy.configuration.dir}"
classname="org.jboss.Shutdown" fork="false">

<arg
line="-Djava.naming.provider.url=jnp://${jboss.host}:${jboss.port}" />

<classpath>

<pathelement path="${jboss.home}/bin/shutdown.jar" />

</classpath>

</java>

</target>

</project>

Search Discussions

  • Venkatesan_gandhi at Jun 7, 2005 at 8:52 pm
    All,

    I Just wanna execute "Build.xml " inside another file named
    "MasterBuild.xml"

    Kindly tell me ,what is the exact task name ?

    Thanks 'n' Advance,
    Venkat.

    This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.
  • Brad G. Kyer at Jun 7, 2005 at 8:57 pm
    Quite Easy...

    <!-- ************************ -->
    <!-- External Xml File calls -->
    <!-- ************************ -->
    <target name="compile" depends="init" description="compile the source ">
    <ant antfile="${project.ant.files.root}/compile.xml" target="compile">

    <!-- enter you inherites etc here -->
    </ant>
    </target>

    -B

    --- venkatesan_gandhi@bankone.com wrote:
    All,

    I Just wanna execute "Build.xml " inside another file named
    "MasterBuild.xml"

    Kindly tell me ,what is the exact task name ?

    Thanks 'n' Advance,
    Venkat.

    This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
    and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
    distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
    reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission
    in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in
    its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

  • Jeffrey E Care at Jun 7, 2005 at 8:58 pm
    Even a *cursory* examination of the manual would reveal that you can use
    the <ant> or <subant> tasks for this purpose.

    --
    Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
    WebSphere Build SWAT Team Lead

    I Just wanna execute "Build.xml " inside another file named
    "MasterBuild.xml"

    Kindly tell me ,what is the exact task name ?

    Thanks 'n' Advance,
    Venkat.

    confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
    disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information
    contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY
    PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
    immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its
    entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

groupuser @
categoriesant
postedJun 7, '05 at 8:48p
activeJun 7, '05 at 8:58p