Grokbase Groups Ant user July 2003
I've seen this topic on the mailing list from some time back yet didn't
see a particularly nice solution.

I want to invoke a java task, passing in a set of files as the input. I
can put these files in a FileSet, yet I cannot then get them into the
command via the args, since it seemingly doesn't allow input of
FileSet's as input for args.

So for example I can set up
<fileset dir="${my.dir}" includes="**/*.jdo"/>

Yet I cannot do
<arg>
<fileset dir="${my.dir} includes="**/*.jdo"/>
</arg>
within the java task (!)

I've looked at the 'apply' task, yet while that allows me to input
FileSet as input :-), I cannot input the classpath to use and classname
to execute in a convenient way :-(

Is there a nice solution to this very basic issue ?

TIA
--
Andy

  • Stefan Bodewig at Jul 29, 2003 at 6:53 am
    Is there a nice solution to this very basic issue ?
    No, no built-in way, except for the somewhat unhandy <apply>.

    The best thing you can do for <java> is creating your <fileset>
    outside of your <java> task. The you use <pathconvert> on the
    <fileset> to create a space separated string of all files included and
    finally use <arg line="..."/> on the property created by
    <pathconvert>.

    This will certainly break if any path within your fileset contains
    spaces.

    Stefan