I have couple of questions which are as below :-

1) In a 3 node single ensemble, i have 1 leader and 2 followers. when i
explicitly shutdown down the leader for testing purpose, leader election
triggers in between the remaining 2 nodes and i see that one of the node
becomes a leader and the other is a follower. I am not sure if i completely
understood it. Since there are only 2 nodes how does leader election happen
because we need odd numbers in order to form a quorum. Please correct me if
i am understanding it wrong.

2) Is it possible to configure 3 nodes each in DC1 and DC2?
meaning 1 ensemble consists of 6 nodes with 3 nodes in DC-1 and 3 nodes in
DC-2
  DC-1 1 Leader 2 Followers
  DC-2 1 Follower 2 Observers.

if DC-1 goes down, will there be a leader election between 3 nodes in DC-2?
Please advise.

Regards,

Kaushal

groupuser @