Hi all,

Those of you that would be by chance present at Linux Kongress 2010 in
Nurnberg, make sure to see my talk on Sept 23rd, 17:15PM. Here's the
abstract:

"Scalability Layer Hits the Internet Stack"

This article argues that aside of TCP/IP (interlinked network hosts) and
world-wide web (interlinked documents) we need a simple general-purpose
decentralised infrastructure to interlink services.

We will argue that the technical difficulty of connecting service
providers and service consumers in a distributed fashion can be solved,
and we will explain how we propose to solve it. We will present ?MQ,
which is a simple messaging library focused on this goal.

Using ?MQ, we will demonstrate how large-scale distributed services can
be built with basically zero friction. We will introduce new reusable
patterns for service interconnect that are intended to become the
building blocks for a new "scalability layer" in the Internet stack.

Finally, we will discuss the feasibility of a kernel-space
implementation of the "scalability layer".

Martin

groupzeromq-announce @
categorieszeromq
postedAug 27, '10 at 8:24a